LensCrafters / crappy customer service

1 Boise, ID, United States Review updated:

I purchased glasses from LensCrafters. After 8 months one of the nose pads broke off the frame. I was told they were unfixable and I needed to buy a new frame. After I paid for the frame, I was told I could take it to a jewelery repair shop and have it welded. But of course that was only at "temporary" fix. A week later I went back to inquire about my new frame. Lo and behold, it is now no longer available. So, I could now have the pleasure of purchasing a different frame AND new lenses for 50% off. HUH? So my $600 overpriced glasses are now going to cost me another $400. I do not have $1000 to spend on one pair of glasses that lasted only 8 months. They wanted to charge me $219 for a new frame, and of course at 50% off it came to $116. Then it would be another $300 for new lenses at their 50% off. I came home and found the exact same frame that they say is no longer available on a website for $113 with FREE shipping. So I guess now I can see why they can offer a 50% off replacement for the first year. Everything is marked up 100%. You know the company selling the frame for $113 is still making money, so LensCrafters is not losing a single penny by making you buy a replacement for their crappy shoddy frames. Not to mention that the frame from the website comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Where is that at LensCrafters? Just one more tidbit of information they conceal to make more money. I am now looking into the possibility of a class action suit against them. I would have to wonder how many other customers they have ripped off when their frame breaks in the year and suddenly it becomes "unavailable" and now they have to purchase an entire new set of glasses.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS RIPOFF STORE!! Tell anyone and everyone their guarantee is worthless!

Comments

• Su
      9th of Jun, 2009

You are dumb-I am uncertain why people cannot take responability for their things! You wore the glasses, you broke them, and now it is suddenly LensCrafters job to replace them? The frames were probably not discontinued from the company who makes them, but LensCrafters may have discontinued them from their stock. Or the company you purchased them from on line purchases frames that are being discontinued and sell them for less. But lets blame someone else for you problems that is easier.

• Li
      26th of Jul, 2009

Dude, you broke your glasses. You keep complaining about everything being overpriced, but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't fine a cheaper frame. It sucks that the frame is discontinued from their stock and you had to buy new lenses as well, but honestly, you should take better care of something that's so expensive if you don't want to pay to replace them. Nose pads don't just break off like that unless you're not taking care of them. If your heart was set on the frame you found online, you should have purchased it online and gotten the lenses 50% off. OR you should have asked them to price match the frame with the 50% discount. Either way, they're taking a hit on their profits because YOU broke your glasses.