LA Fitness / personal training is a sham

United States Review updated:
After listening to the announcement to come for my free assessment in January this year - I find myself locked into a contract, which if anything has only increased my stress and not my muscle tone.

The freely available trainers are mostly inadequately trained. The well qualified trainers are offered to the customers that pay more (have a higher category membership). The more than $150 per month does not even guarantee an assessment, unless you request it!! A complaint about the service will simply prompt a response by the manager, that this is your own doing, and that you are not complaining enough, or not doing anything enough. If you suggest that they cannot meet your needs - well it is still your fault. Customer complaints are simply viewed by them as a means to end their lucrative contract, and that it is still all your fault.

I decided to contact our corporate liason person in Atlanta, whose name I will spare, as he tended to agree with the complaints. However after coming back after 5 days, following a promised 1 day response, his promise that the manager would contact me immediately has never realized. What a surprize. To Todd, who I hear from our gym, simply sits at home answering emails, you need to attend to your customers. But, never fear Todd, they also advise that you will not contact me anyway.

How LA Fitness stays in business - surprizes me. We the public are waking up. It reminds me of another fitness club that went out of business - leaving a lot of people out of pocket and unfit. Where is management? Where is consumer affairs?

Comments

An
  3rd of Mar, 2008
I have to tell you that it doesn't matter how much you pay for a personal trainer. Body of Change doesn't care about you once you sign up. I pay $350.00 per month, and there are never any "Certified Trainers" available, but there are plent of Sales people standing around. I would love to cancel my membership, but that would cost quite alot of money as well.

It really is a sham and there should be a way to be able to complain and see a result. Instead the managers basically told me it was too bad.

LA Fitness International Logo LA Fitness International