Kohl's / Credit Card Scam
We used to shop at Kohl's regularly, especially for school clothes and Christmas shopping. They WERE my favorite store. Last year, at the checkout they had a promotion to apply for a Kohl's credit card and receive 10% off on the spot. We do not typically have any store credit cards, have excellent credit and pay for everything with a debit card, which comes directly out of our checking account. So, we applied for the credit card merely to receive the discount, with the intention of paying it in full as soon as the first bill arrived. We never receive that bill until months later, even after wading through their very confusing electronic voice answering system on two occasions, explaining that we are not going to pay a bill with no receipt. These people expected me to rattle off my credit card numbers over the phone with no bill. I reviewed our mailing address and explained that we would be paying the charge in full as soon as the bill came, but would not pay any late fees, as I had provided the correct address when I applied for the card. We finally got the bill, paid the original amount, but not the late fees. Kohl's marketing department has been harassing us ever since, calling our phones 12 times a day. We are still not going to pay the late fees, which have since accumulated, as they have added additional charges. Be warned, if you deal with Kohl's they will rip you off and harass you to death.
If anyone can suggest any recoursive action we can take, please post a reply.
More Kohl's Complaints & Reviews
- Kohls - Shoplifting charges 
- Kohl's Department Store - Working Conditions at Kohl's Dept. Stores 
- Kohls - shoplifting 
- Kohls - almost impossible to pay your bill 
- Kohls - Kohl's Cash 
- Kohl's Department Stores - eau claire, wi store condition
- Kohl's Department Stores - apt 9 shirt
- Kohl's Department Stores - breville toaster oven
- Kohl's Department Stores - overcharged 4 times for one product.
- Kohl's Department Stores - customer service