Kogan Australia / item not as advertised

1 Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia Review updated:

We recently purchased a 55" SMART 4K HDR television from Kogan AUstralia for around $600, for the specific purpose of gaming. On arrival, we found it did not play 4K HDR and so asked the company why it was advertised as such. Various emails floated back and forth, but the end result was that they denied it was false advertising (they had a very small disclaimer right at the bottom of the blurb stating does not support gaming), and eventually agreed to give a refund PROVIDED WE PAID RETURN POSTAGE of a couple of hundred bux. Shortly after we made our first complaint, the company had a fire sale on this item, clearing the warehouse of all of them at $399. A little supsicious hey. It has become apparent that this is a common occurance. Inferior products, with no after sales service. Not so cheap after all!
This television is NOT as advertised. It was sold to us as a 4K HDR television, not as a 4K HDR television that only supports some devices.
This matter has been refered to the ACCC and will be flagged with my MP. I will also be advising all within my reach of the difficulties experienced with this company.

Je
Oct 24, 2018

Comments

10th of Dec, 2018

I recently bought a 55" SMART 4K HDR television from Kogan AUstralia as well. I have contacted them as it is unwatchable... it doesn't focus! I am left with a headache and feeling nauseated if I try to watch it. The response from Kogan was that it was the fault of the media I was watching, that current tv channels are not good enough to work with this new 4K technology. What the??!!! Apparently if I further buy a DVD player from them it will convert the bad tv channel into a better quality picture. Yeah right like I'm going to spend more money with them. The result is that the tv is now leaning against the wall in the back room and we've done our $550.