Kogan Australia / item not as advertised
We recently purchased a 55" SMART 4K HDR television from Kogan AUstralia for around $600, for the specific purpose of gaming. On arrival, we found it did not play 4K HDR and so asked the company why it was advertised as such. Various emails floated back and forth, but the end result was that they denied it was false advertising (they had a very small disclaimer right at the bottom of the blurb stating does not support gaming), and eventually agreed to give a refund PROVIDED WE PAID RETURN POSTAGE of a couple of hundred bux. Shortly after we made our first complaint, the company had a fire sale on this item, clearing the warehouse of all of them at $399. A little supsicious hey. It has become apparent that this is a common occurance. Inferior products, with no after sales service. Not so cheap after all!
This television is NOT as advertised. It was sold to us as a 4K HDR television, not as a 4K HDR television that only supports some devices.
This matter has been refered to the ACCC and will be flagged with my MP. I will also be advising all within my reach of the difficulties experienced with this company.
More Kogan Australia Complaints & Reviews
- Kogan - samsung galaxy s8 - wrong supply - locked for eu sim only
- Kogan - can't reach customer service 
- Kogan - kogan 50" 4k led, smart tv™ (android tv™ smart tv) 
- Kogan Mobile 90access - cut off after 30 days 
- Kogan - new 4k agora tv ceased working within 6 hours. 
- Kogan Australia - 21" self-propelled petrol lawn mower - vs850
- Kogan Australia - 360 rotation outdoor aerial remote digital tv antenna uhf vhf hdtv
- Kogan Australia - sim recharge
- Kogan Australia - karcher wc2 window cleaner
- Kogan Australia - paid money, never received order