Kmart / horrible customer service

1 3333 Beverly Road Streetsboro, OH, United States Review updated:

I bought a microwave oven at Kmart 6 months ago, it just stopped working. I got out the book, spent an hour on the phone with Sears/Kmart customer service, got transferred 3 times, and ultimately ended up with "D. J." from Kmart Customer Service. I told him the microwave was 6 months old and I had the box. I told him I did not have the receipt, I said if I take it back to Kmart, will they exchange it for me? He said yes, just take it back and they will exchange it. My car is a long walk from where I live, I lug this huge box back to my car, up to Kmart (Streetsboro, OH) and in to the store, for them to just tell me sorry, we have a 90-day return policy. Then, why after I spent an hour on the phone would the customer service guy tell me to take it there? I never would of gone through all that trouble otherwise! The store manager; Chris Flood, was quite a little twerp. Went back home called customer service and all I got was I don't know why he told you that, but you'll have to call the manufacturer (Kenmore, I don't recommend them) and get it serviced! It supposedly had a 1-year warranty when I bought it I can�t believe they won�t exchange it � Microwaves should last longer than 6 months! I don�t want to know where I am going to have to drag this thing next and how long it will take. I am so pissed! I use it everyday.

Do yourselves a favor people; shop Wal-mart, the customer service is much better. No wonder Kmart was going under until Sears bought them, now I hope they still do.

Ja

Comments

• Pi
      13th of Dec, 2008

I bought a microwave oven at Kmart 6 months ago, it just stopped working. I got out the book, spent an hour on the phone with Sears/Kmart customer service, got transferred 3 times, and ultimately ended up with "D. J." from Kmart Customer Service. I told him the microwave was 6 months old and I had the box. I told him I did not have the receipt, I said if I take it back to Kmart, will they exchange it for me? He said yes, just take it back and they will exchange it. My car is a long walk from where I live, I lug this huge box back to my car, up to Kmart (Streetsboro, OH) and in to the store, for them to just tell me sorry, we have a 90 day return policy. Then, why after I spent an hour on the phone would the customer service guy tell me to take it there? I never would of gone through all that trouble otherwise! The store manager; Chris was quite a little twerp. He kept pointing at a 90 day return policy sign. Went back home called customer service and all I got was I don't know why he told you that, but you'll have to call the manufacturer (Kenmore, I don't recommend them) and get it serviced! It supposedly had a 1-year warranty when I bought it I can’t believe they won’t exchange it – Microwaves should last longer than 6 months! I don’t want to know where I am going to have to drag this thing next and how long it will take. I am so pissed! I use it everyday. It is almost Christmas, my car needs repairs, I would like to buy my family Christmas presents, and now I have to replace a 6-month-old microwave that had a 1 year warranty?

• Th
      10th of Jan, 2009

ANY STORE has a 90-day guarantee. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SHOPPING, LADY? You need to wake up and realize that ALMOST EVERY STORE HAS A 90-DAY GUARANTEE... "WITH RECEIPT!" Wal-Mart isn't any better. They employee juveniles who don't care about their work only their pay-check. At least when you go to K-Mart, their staff is made up of local people who have been employed with K-Mart for an average of 15 years --- find that at Wal-Mart!

Linda at the service desk is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and she will be more than courteous to anyone - BECAUSE THAT IS HER NATURE!!! Find that at the Streetsboro Wal-Mart... it won't happen. Rebecca is wonderful too. Roxanne is more than willing to help the customers. Why are they more polite than Wal-mart workers? Because they care about people - not volume business that prides itself on imported products from third-world countries who pay their employees nothing short of dirt.

K-Mart in Streetsboro has survived better than imagined AND THAT IS BECAUSE THEIR PEOPLE GENUINELY CARE. AND JUST LIKE ANY OTHER STORE, THEY CANNOT HELP WHAT CORPORATE RULES ARE... AND THAT GOES FOR WAL-MART AS WELL.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SPOKE WITH THE STORE BEFORE YOU WASTED YOUR PRECIOUS TIME RETURNING AN ITEM YOU THOUGHT WAS "RETURNABLE." I GUARANTEE YOU THAT WAL-MART WILL NEVER BEGIN TO THINK OF TAKING BACK A PRODUCT AFTER 90 DAYS... ESPECIALLY WITHOUT A RECEIPT! DO YOU THINK ONLY K-MART SALES THAT MICROWAVE? MY GUESS IS THERE ARE PROBABLY ANOTHER 30 PLACES THAT CARRY THAT SAME MODEL. SO, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK ANY STORE WOULD THINK IT WAS EXCLUSIVELY FROM K-MART AND WHAT DATE IT WAS PURCHASED? AFTERALL..., YOU WERE THE IDIOT WHO DIDN'T KEEP YOUR RECEIPT.

NEXT TIME..., SAVE YOUR $69 AND GO TO CHINA AND BUY THAT DAMNED THING FOR $13.

AND LAY OFF THE K-MART EMPLOYEES WHO ARE ONLY ACTING UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF THE CORPORATION JUST LIKE ANY WAL-MART EMPLOYEE WOULD. IF YOU THINK YOU'LL BE SAVING MONEY BY SHOPPING AT WAL-MART... GO FOR IT... I'M SURE THE EXTRA GAS YOU WASTE TRYING TO FIGHT THE TRAFFIC PROBLEMS IN STREETSBORO WILL NEGATE WHAT FEW CENTS YOU THINK YOU'RE SAVING. AND WITH THE WEATHER THE WAY IT IS..., YOU STAND MORE OF A CHANCE OF GETTING INTO AN ACCIDENT ON 14/480 THAN YOU WOULD BY GOING TO K-MART.

REMEMBER, THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN. GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET THROUGH THE NIGHTMARE IN STREETSBORO - TRAFFIC.

YOUR WELCOME... ME

• Ih
      10th of Jan, 2009

You are right, Now days you have to pay extra to cover the warranty. That is so stupid! Plus, I love Walmarts, but lots of people talk about how miserable their employees look while helping you. And most of them really do. Mostly young people though. They just don't understand the value of a job these days. When they're standing in that unemployment line though, I bet they will. Be happy!! Whistle while you work! At least until someone tells you to shut up!!!

• Bi
      28th of Jan, 2010

The customer service at KMart online is just horrible. If you need to contact them about an order by email, you will get an unhelpful email form letter. If you try calling, their call center will put on hold for hugely long times. If you ask to speak to a supervisor... well, just forget it. You'll be put into "on hold hell".