Kmart Stores / returning a purchase

1 West Orange, NJ, United States Review updated:

I went to Kmart at 5:00 today to return two curtain rods that I had purchased on 10/7/18. I had the original receipt. After 30 minutes of talking to service representatives at the store I was still not able to get a simple refund for the 2 curtain rods with the original receipt that I purchased on 10/7/18. The woman kept telling me that she could not scan the receipt due to a faded strip down the middle of the receipt that was the result of the register running out of ink at the time of purchase. She passed the issue on to another employee, who also could not help. I took back the receipt and the merchandise.
I then called the number posted at the store by the manager's name. The call was directed to Sears Customer service. The CSR rep listened to the issue, then took my phone number and said he would talk to his supporters team. After 2 long holds, he returned to the phone, apologized and said he was not able to pull up the purchase using my phone. He said the only way to provide a refund was for me to provide my bank information, as I had paid with a debit card. I was not willing to provide that over the phone. So, after an additional 20 minutes, i still did not have a refund. the CSR gave me a number to call to file a complaint. I have taken photos of both the receipt and the rods. I am happy to send the merchandise back to your office. I believe a refund in the form of a check is a reasonable request.

Kmart Stores
Kmart Stores

Ma
Oct 19, 2018

Comments

• Km
      22nd of Oct, 2018

Since you know what day it was that the purchase was made this is actually easier at store level to recover your receipt information. It would help more if you know which register you checked out from, but not really necessary. The store can have someone log into the digital journal and use the upc code of the item to search each register on that day to recover the return code. As long as too many people didn't buy that exact item that exact day, which I doubt there was a rush on curtain rods it should be quick and easy to find.