Complaints & Reviews

essential garden 6 piece patio set - tan

I am VERY upset because I researched this set online and it even gave me the option to purchase online and pick up in store. I decided to go into store to purchase/ pick up, and the only set left was the display which I still wanted to purchase. The manager told me I could not purchase the set. How could you tell a customer they could not purchase something that's available in the store to buy? I even wanted the display, which was not the best! I am very upset and will not be here at this Vernon, CT. KMART or any other Kmart for that matter, to shop again! I have never been told I couldn't purchase a display item, or something available in a store. I will keep my money then! Thanks for wasted gas to drive here when something is available and ready to buy, and the manager tells you, you can't buy it!

essential garden 6 piece patio set - tan

handicap carts

Dear Sirs;

I am a handicapped woman who enjoys shopping in your K-mart stores in Kearny, NJ and Belleville, NJ.

The Kearny store had one handicapped cart but it is no longer available. I would greatly appreciate if it can be replaced.

The Belleville store has one cart in which I am grateful for- but many times I am waiting as well as others for the cart to be brought back from another handicapped customer.

It would be greatly appreciated if each store could have at least two handicapped carts available for us customers who enjoy shopping at your stores but need assistance in doing so.

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter.

Ms. Bowen

manager: victor and justin

I was in Kmart in Riverhead, NY on 7/13/2018 I went to customer service and explained to the woman who also was not too nice or cooperative. My brother had passed away, I was living out of state, came back then went to nursing home to get his belongings. he always loved his music and bought a number of CD's but were never opened, still in original wrapper and had Kmarts sticker and price on all. All I want to do is to return them for a store credit because he did not have the receipt or receipts. I have never had any problems returning anything to Kmart before. So the woman at customer service ended up calling Victor the mgr. who then came up to the front of store. I again tried explaining why I was there, he very rudely said I can't do anything for you? I said are you kidding, all are unopened with Kmarts pricing. I said well I guess I will be calling Kmart and file complaint, he very rudely said Oh you don't have to go home and points to a sign you can call from here. I said NO I will go home and do!!! Still waiting for District Mgr. to call? And keep getting lied too?????? A lady named Rone 7/13 said Justin district mgr will call well, that was another mgr. at Riverhead? Why do you have to keep lying, and still no one has ever gotten back to me???? Case # 5853786 I am tired of calling please do your job and have the correct district manager who that is I don't know get in touch with me. If not I will have my attorney call and also file with BBB

• Updated by dalelevi · Jul 21, 2018

I am tired of calling and being lied to please take care of and let me get the store credit.

• Om
    Omeomya Jul 21, 2018

They may have been unopened with the Kmart sticker but how old were these CDs? If they are no longer in their system, they can't do anything about it. They won't be able to resell those CDs . It sounds less like rudeness and more like a case of you not being able to understand that no does not equal rude.

Yupppp Jul 23, 2018

@Omeomya Not to mention most don't even carry CD's anymore...

Yupppp Jul 23, 2018

What makes you so special that you're exempt from their return policy? They have their policies for a reason, you can't be mad at them for upholding them. Sounds like you're just mad they didn't bend over for you.

cashier

Shopping at Kmart in Waupaca, wi on July 18th 2018 checked out at 12:18 at register 7 with a lady named Ellen .she had a very rude tone and didn't explain about the receipt if wanted a copy or email. She stated that wasn't a question... Do you want a receipt or an email ? all I wanted to know was what the email was all about. Also was upset do to me taking hangers off the clothes. ( she made me feel as if I was stealing or something )

returned jacqueline smith patio set and no refund

We purchased a 7 piece Jacqueline Smith outdoor patio set from Kmart online in April 2018. We received the...

Eighty Four Home & Garden

pet hammock

Hello, I emailed a week ago and still have not received a reply, I have used the pet hammock once and it...

I am complaining

I purchased 12 items on July 4th 2018 at approximately 4: 56 and I spent over $50 and did not receive my $25 cash back and the lady that I spoke to was a very rude for no reason about that and told me that I should have read the fine print but it literally the cash back was completely everywhere in the store so how was I supposed to know and it didn't have fine print because I checked for pricing and everything before I went to the front counter and I'm a loyal customer because I like the discount and I like the cash back but they're about to lose me because the lady was so rude and I never even received the cash back

• Ro
    Rod TJ Jul 05, 2018

You should have just been honest with her and told her that you cannot read well. It is obvious that English isn't your language with your terrible spelling and grammar. Telling you the truth is not the same as being rude. Grow up. Mayne next time you can take an adult with you who will teach you how to read.

Cjay22 Jul 05, 2018

@Rod TJ Lol you have no life love and someone may feel worse about you

Cjay22 Jul 05, 2018

@Rod TJ Ah and you lame [censored] didn't notice it was most likely voice to text [censored] I hope you friends and family know how sorry your [censored] is that you need to look on line to troll the next person oh shit you may not have friends or family because your punk [censored] is sooooo fuckin lame 😘

• SubSquirrel Jul 05, 2018

@Rod TJ No punctuation either.

Common sense says you don’t spend $50 and get $25 back.

You equate posting here as having no life. Funny, since you posted! Like me, Rod has a life, but a little more humor adds to it. This site is funny as people often post moronic complaints in an uneducated manner. Then they get all huffy if you point it out.

• SubSquirrel Jul 05, 2018

@SubSquirrel M o r o n I c was censored. I guess m o r o n is a bad word.

receipt

I am waiting for a receipt for my purchase for over 15 minutes, seems no one at the register's knows what to do. I can see why this company is going out of business in so many towns or cities. Lack of knowledge or lack of customer service skills is very apparent. I work in retail and I could teach these people a few things about how to take care of the people shopping in the store. I guess that's why most people are shopping at other stores. Very disappointing for me because I do try to shop locally.

assistant manager

I place an online order for same day pickup. I check my email conformation & it shows it did not take my points off. So i call Kmart & talk to the assistant manager & she would not listen to what I was explaining to her. I specifically said I placed an order online for same day pick up & my points were not added to the total amount do. She said online orders are different & they have nothing to do with the payment issues & online orders are shipped to us. I then said well nothing is being shipped to you since it's same day order !! She put me on hold about 3 times. She tells me she has nothing to do with payment issues or points. I then proceed to tell her that I was paying in store so she would be dealing with the payment. She gave me a number to call & when I asked for her name again she kind of changed her attitude. I always shop at Kmart but DEBBIE definitely changed that for me !!

Cjay22 Jul 05, 2018

Did you ever get you issues resolved or did you speak to anyone concerning this situation?

• Ro
    Rod TJ Jul 05, 2018

Her name is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Yupppp Jul 23, 2018

You purchased it ONLINE and you're mad the store couldn't change any of the payment information? She tried telling you, as you listed twice, that she doesn't have anything to do with that and you still were mad? You should have listened the first time and followed her instructions instead of getting mad at her. It's not like the angrier you get the wider her abilities extend.

customer service on exchanges

01/06/2018 Warriewood Kmart Store

Today I bought I set of flannelette sheets. The packaging said they were king size sheets however when I got home they were actually queen size sheets. I returned to the store with my receipts. Instead of offering an exchange since I just want to swap sizes they charged me another $32.00 before refunding my other money saying this was policy. However before I even paid for the second set of sheets, I asked the lady if I could check they were actually king size sheets before I purchase them. She refused me this request saying I have to buy them first even though I had just purchased sheets that were the wrong size. I believe this is horrible customer service and now I am out of pocket for something that was not even my fault.

employees / loss prevention

Employee or whatever their title is followed me around the store from the time i walked in the door to the time i walked out of the fitting room the employees were standing outside the changing room at this point i decided it was very rude and i left everything i was gonna buy in the cart and walked out .I dont steal and i had at least 200.00 cash on me ...their loss i wont shop there ever again

purse

I have bought a purse in the Kmart NYC by penn station. When I got in my Uber I realized that the cashier did...

manager of store 3175 in hooksett new hampshire

This is a complaint from a employee of as well as another employee and 2 past employee's Debra Poisson the...

return policy and wait time at service desk and cash register

My local KMart is either extremely understaffed or staff aren't available to run registers. There's usually one register open anytime I shop there. Customer service is appalling! There's at least two employees at service desk and are talking about their schedules, etc instead of assisting customers. When the staff member finally directs attention to the customer she's at a loss as to how to explain the return policy. I waited 15 minutes behind a lady making an exchange today. She returned an item and was trying to exchange for a different size. The customer had redeemed points with the purchase but was not allowed the even exchange. The customer was very upset about the wait as well as very dissatisfied with how the transaction was handled. Only one person was working the service desk although I observed several KMart employees walking around the store. I like shopping at this store but absolutely hate the checkout and return hassle. I won't be surprised if this store closes in the near future. This issue needs to be addressed by your corporate team! I left KMart and went to Walmart where checkout was fast and accurate. I still prefer some of the merchandise that Kmart carries. B Mishoe. Email. [protected]@att.net

• Updated by Becky Mishie · Jun 26, 2018

My complaint is with Statesville NC store. Wait times for checkout are very long and customer service desk staff aren’t interested in helping the customer. Just talking in phone or to each other!

poorly trained cashier and rude customer service rep

We were in the Gainesville Fl Kmart today and I was so unhappy with the rude employee Regina. We purchased 2 large bottles of water. My husband told the clerk that he brought two empties and asked what the refund would be on them. She gave him s deer in the headlights look. He explained again and asked what was the return on the empties. She said that she did not know and continued to ring up our order. I asked her to ask for help if she could not answer our question. She billeted to Regina who said that she would be over soon. When Regina came to the register the clerk attempted to explain my husbands question. She no way understood what we were asking. My husband explained his question for a third time. Regina told my husband that the ticket part of the machine was broken. I asked her why the clerk had no knowledge of the broken machine let alone a refund on empties. Regina did not even look at me. She very curtely told me that the clerk was new. I asked her why clerks were on their own if they did not have proper training. At this point my husband said he would finish the order because Regina had no obvious customer skills. Regina then very loudly and rudely told me WOW. And I started to leave the store. I turned around and asked her if she just told me WOW. She repeated the word WOW again and I left the store. I can not begin to describe what a fiasco this experience was for us. Untrained clerks who do not even bother to ask for assistance when they cannot answer a customers questions. Rude and disrespectful customer service reps who go out of their way to embarrass and demoralize a customer in front of other customers. I have made my last visit to that store. I am also going to make this very disturbing experience on the local sites on Facebook if this matter is not resolved tomorrow the 26th of June. I know that the store is not busy and do not think that they need any additional bad reviews. Mary E Milie. [protected]. [protected]@gmail.com

the law

I work at the Elwood Indiana Kmart. I make 7.25 and hour min wage. The other day it was brought to my attention that my drawer had come up short. I didn't deny the fact I just accepted that I may have made a mistake somewhere. They informed me that they were going to take what was missing out of my paycheck. I wasn't happy about it at the time but wasn't really a lot that I could do. After a few days Iv done some research and come to find out that employers can only take money from your check as long as your pay doesn't fall the Minimum wage line. Which mine did. Does this mean what they did was against the law? And if so what should I do about it?

• SubSquirrel Jun 24, 2018

They area paying you the minimum wage? Call your local employment commission and talk to them.

• Cm
    Cmnsns Jul 14, 2018

Whoever told you that probably doesn't know what they are talking about. In over 20 years several stores I've never seen that happen

i'm an employee

I worked at your Elwood IN Kmart location. First off the store is gross but that's not the reason I'm contacting you. This is in regards to the manager Dave at the Elwood location. He is a horrible manager. The man is constantly gone or if he is there he is normally telling you what to do while simultaneously texting on his phone. If he is talking to you and you have questions he will cut you off with the "excuse me I'm speaking" or "let me talk" line. There has been multiple times that I have been working and obviously could use a little help and he will stand there and watch. I unloaded a truck the other day by myself because my coworker called off. And Dave my manager stood outside the truck because it wasn't as hot and watched me do the entire thing on my own. Another time I had to carry a pool out for a customer and needed help because the pool was to heavy. Dave was standing near by so I asked if he could assist me. He said yes and walked over to the intercom and paged a 18 year old 4 foot 11 inch girl to come help me which took her about 10 minuets to get to because she was already busy with something else. Me and the customer had to sit around and wait which wasted both of our time because my manager was to lazy to help himself. I'm tired of seeing this man treat all his employees like they are less then him. And talk to us like we are beneath him. I strongly suggest something is done about this. Thank you

pet toy-battery operated butterfly

Recently [protected]) l purchased this item from your Albury store for my 11 week old kitten. On the following Wednesday evening on arriving home from work the kitten was playing with this item when the sharp edge of the butterfly lodged on the corner of her eye causing a cut to her eyeball. This was followed by an immediate trip to the vets with eye local antiseptic, dying of the eye to inspect the damage, a course of antibiotics with a follow up dye inspection on Friday 15th resulting in a $235 bill. luckily in this instance there is no permanent damage but l feel that you should be more stringent with your product testing in future

pet toy-battery operated butterfly

layaway

About two weeks ago I took my auto to brakes plus. They inadvertently caused my engine to blow with their negligence. I am elderly and disabled without caring family or friends so could not get to the kmart store to pay on my layaway. I called the pueblo store to ask if there was another way to pay, and they gave me the [protected] # to pay. I called and got the other country rep, who could not even understand english, much less help me. I reiterated several times that it was not an online layaway and that it was k-mat not sears. I asked for an american, which she refused. I asked for a supervisor, again refused. Being frustrated herself, she told me to hold on, that she "would call the store to find out what to do, promising that she would be back to me, for me to stay on the line. I then got a voice mail, and she was not there. Me, thinking that it was a voice mail to kmart, left a direct and not so happy voice mail. This morning I receive a call from sears from my not so happy estranged son (who has not spoken to me for about a year) asking me, in an angry way, why I was calling sears to complain about him. It would look that way to me, if I was him! So, I am not complaining about him, just the transporting my call to his store, by the outsourced personnel. This originally caused more friction in the already frictioned family situation. I am very upset at the girl that did this, just to rid herself of working. My son, as an employee of sears, came to pick me up and took me to k-mart to pay on the layaway, to help me to be a happy customer of sears. Let me remind you that this was not even a sears issue! So, with all due respect, this was nice of him! I did not pay on the layaway, but took the layaway completely out. I will never be back at k-mart again! I tried calling to complain about the girl, got another outsource personnel, who also refused to transfer me to america, and"could not find a supervisor", so promised a call back from this supervisor. No call was made to me by her!!! I am expecting it the twelfth of never!!! I called your executive office and left a message, and expect that call the same time, as no call was returned to me from you!!! If this is the way you run your business, maybe that is the reason the k-mart store in pueblo is the only one left in the entire southern region of colorado, and the sears all are closing down also. You used to have 2 k-marts in pueblo alone. Don't blame the economy anymore for the closing of stores. It's the lack of good service, and outsourcing to non-caring entities that are losing your customers. Even your executive office does not even care to make a quick call back to save a customer. Or are your closing stores a good tax write-off? Let the media know the real story behind you going out of business. Your ceo is sneaky and self serving to say the least!

[Resolved] unsanitary lunch

I was at Kmart store San Patrício Plaza Puerto Rico today when I decided around 2:55 PM to grab some lunch I went to the cafeteria where I ordered the special of the day white rice with chicken and beans proceeded to sit down and while eating my food noticed there was a cockroach in my food I proceeded to kill it with the napkin captured an image and immediately stood up and went to the lunch lady threw my lunch away and complained to her about the situation she immediately followed and answered "Ever since hurricane Maria we've had problems with cockroaches" Incredible but surely she reacted very calmly as if what was going on was normal. Upset to my stomache and holding in the desire to throw up completely disgusted with the situation and with her reply I followed to ask for the store manager at the front desk Annie Lugo explained to her the situation and she stated that she was going to speak with the lunch lady (cafeteria employee) to see in what manner she could work to better the situation. While speaking with her I noticed another cockroach just climbing down and going under the bread oven placed next to the customer service desk this time I didn't just grab a photo but I captured a video with my Iphone. So grossed out completely disgusted with this sanitary issue and the way this situation was handled I asked Mrs. Annie Lugo (manager) to please write an incident report because tomorrow morning in contacting the local board of health and my lawyer. But to my surprise Mrs. Lugo refused to write an incident report and stated that the cafeteria employee had clocked out at 4:00pm and that she was in charge of writing the report and stated what was the issue all about that the cockroach was seen dead in my napkin not in my food thank god I captured images and videos. This lady is completely unprofessional and this Kmart should not be operating it's cafeteria if it doesn't comply with the sanitary board of health regulations I called Kmart store Guaynabo and also wrote a note in the visitors log in sheet stating the store manager at the moment refused to write an incident report and snapped a picture just for evidence of todays horrible and unsanitary lunch at Kmart. This must reach the ears of the companies president CEO etc.
Truly yours