Kmart / no air conditioning

1 Quincy, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 217-257-8354

It is always hot in the store and athe manager doesn't seem to care, you see carts just left in the aisles where people get too hot and leave.

Comments

• Ed
      24th of Jul, 2008

It seems they could care less how the customers feel. The same here in Southern Calif. in the summer the stores are extremely warm. If we don't shop at these stores perhaps they will get the message.

• Ce
      27th of Nov, 2008

As a former coach at a K-Mart (what we called managers), when I was hired, I brought up the issue at our store of it being either terribly hot in the summer or brutally cold in the winter.
    Turns out, the stores are not responsible for the controls anymore. It's controlled at home office. If it doesn't reach a certain temperature outside (I believe here it was 90F), the AC won't turn on. Likewise with the heat in winter.

--Celine

• Le
      8th of Jun, 2009

I have been a customer of Kmart for years, but that will be ending soon. The store I frequent the most, Kmart # 4202 in Warren, MI, does not have any air conditioning. I've been told by store management that corporate is responsible for the problem. The irony is that there are no fans around to "cool off " the customers, both figurateively and literally. In addition, there are very few cashiers and even fewer sales personnel... Sadly, Kmart is destroying itself...

• Ge
      24th of Jul, 2010

This problem continues at our store and many of the surrounding stores. Corporate has no clue as to the number of customers we lose as a result of this. They only focus on the bottom line and do not focus on lost revenue. Employees do not work and customers do not shop in a store that is 83 plus degrees (we have digital thermometers in the store to prove this)

• Wo
      11th of Jun, 2014

As an employee, only some of the A/C's are controlled by corporate. The store manager in our store refuses to turn it on in the employee break room, the rational? It costs too much money. How much does it cost to keep losing and gettin new associates?