Kia Motors / esc off light malfunction
dealing with kia sorento 2007 at 62000 miles and the "esc off" light randomly illuminating. there are service bulletins out for this issue and i was told by dealership that kia will cover this under 60000mile warranty but since i came in 2000miles over it was up to me to pay some $700 to repair. diagnostic test came up saying that there is a faulty transfer case decoder motor, and since i did not do my "recommended" services to the transfer case before 60000 my warranty is voided. this is an issue that i feel maybe a defect to the "esc" in kia and not that i did not comply with my maintenance. it seems that i am not the only person with this problem and the real issue is that when the "esc off" light illuminates it stays on and i lose engine power/acceleration, which has almost caused me two accidents on the freeway!!
i have filed a complaint to the NHTSA (www.nhtsa.dot.gov ) in order for them to open up an investigation they need more consumers with this issue to file a complaint and determine if this is a potential defect or recall. so, if anyone has similar complaints with the "esc off" compartment in a kia vehicle please let me know or feel free to file a complaint online to www.nhtsa.dot.gov . this is a serious safety hazard.
More Kia Motors Complaints & Reviews
- AIC Kia of Manassas - fraud!!! 
- KIA Motors Corporation - Seoul, South Korea. - lottery scam 
- Kia Soul - paint chipping on hood 
- KIA Motors Mobile Promo - text received 
- KIA Motors UK - international promotions 
- [Resolved] KIA Motors Corporation - unethical behavior, poor customer service skills.
- KIA Motors Corporation - bad service and a very high price for the spare parts and very high cost for the maintenance
- KIA Motors Corporation - kia cerato pro sx
- KIA Motors Corporation - new kia niro purchase defects/damage upon possession
- KIA Motors Corporation - kia spain - sorento - corroded petrol tank