Clinton Auto Group Logo

Clinton Auto Group

Having problems with Clinton Auto Group?

Clinton Auto Group Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Clinton Auto Group Customer Service. Initial Clinton Auto Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Clinton Auto Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Clinton Auto Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Clinton Auto Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Clinton Auto Groupf150 tail light issue

Our leased 2018 Ford F150, obtained in August of 2018, developed a problem with the driver's side taillight. We didn't notice it for a while, until the blinker started making the noise it makes when it's not working. Not being handy with cars and trucks, my husband took it to the dealer - Clinton Auto Group - and they determined it was filled with water which apparently shorted out or damaged the taillight in such a way that it needed to be replaced.

There was no indication of damage from the outside of the vehicle. The service manager pulled down the tailgate, took off the plastic cover, and told my husband there was damage to the inside edge of the taillight cover and to the gasket inside, and that it wouldn't be covered under warranty because it was damage caused by our use of the vehicle.

My husband countered that assessment, to no avail, and ordered the replacement part as he needs to be driving a vehicle with a working taillight. We went on vacation for a week, and when we came back I went to the dealership to discuss my concerns with the sales department.

I explained there is no visible damage to the taillight until you remove the cover. Consequently, there is no way we could have caused that damage. I asked if they wanted me to bring the truck up for them to look at it and they said no. The sales manager mentioned at that time that Ford has had problems with this particular issue and they would have the service manager call me the next day (Tuesday, July 9th.) When he called, he insisted this was not a manufacturer defect and not covered under warranty, but was unable to explain to me how this damage might have reasonably occurred.

I said to him, as I had to the sales manager the evening before, that we have been purchasing Ford vehicles since 1977. In fact, we had leased a new Ford Edge from the dealership in November of 2016 and the F150 in August of 2018 - 2 vehicles in 2 years.

As an aside, the Edge was nothing like the car we had requsted, and the sales manager and salesman acknowledged in 2018 (when we went to lease the truck) that we had been badly treated by them during the purchase of the car. We told them we agreed with that, but that we were giving them another chance to make it right. They worked with us to find the truck my husband wanted. When we got to the dealership to sign the papers, something about the situation bothered him. It turned out they had brought in a truck with a sports package and we had ordered the chrome package. They didn't dispute that we had ordered the chrome package, but it was interesting that the paperwork had mysteriously disappeared. We refused to sign the lease paperwork for the vehicle until they brought in the vehicle we had ordered.

If nothing else, they could consider making this disputed repair as a goodwill gesture to try to make a longtime customer happy. The service manager said he didn't think Ford would do that. I then suggested the dealership could make the offer of goodwill to try to retain a longtime Ford customer. He said he would talk to the sales manager and call me back the next day (Wednesday.)

On Wednesday, my husband took the truck in for the scheduled repair, for which he had already paid $160 for the part and paid an additional $70 for the labor. He asked for the defective parts and was told he couldn't have them. He told the service manager) that he thought this process was "pathetic" and the guy turned and walked away from him.

I did not get the promised call, so on Friday, the 12th, I called to talk to the sales manager to see if they had decided to do the right thing for a good customer. When I mentioned the fact of our 2 most recent Ford purchases from the dealership, he interrupted me - twice - to tell me that I had not told him the truth about the damage (which I had described to him in as much detail I could) and that I had already told him we were done doing business with him and he didn't want to argue about it. I told him I had no plans to argue, calmly thanked him for his time, and assured him that I wouldn't bother him with any more business, but that I would be certain to let people know just how I felt about Clinton Auto Group, its manager, the sales manager, and the service manager.

What I have learned - simply by mentioning Clinton Auto Group - is that bringing up their name in a group of people elicits a very negative reaction and a chorus of "I won't do business them!"

I have always tried to do business where I live and I have purchased both new and used Fords since I bought my first car in 1977. I will continue to do business locally, but it will not be with Clinton Auto Group.

Lease ending in ...4856. I look forward to your response.