KFC / rude employees, not willing to help with allergy concern

1 Charleston, SC, United States

My mom and I were in Charleston, South Carolina for our annual trip. We were staying at the Best Western near downtown, which is within walking distance to KFC. We decided to grab something quick to eat, so we went there. Having a severe allergy to peanuts, we asked the girl up front what kind of oil they cook with. After she finished vigrously scratching her head and adjusting herself on the stool she was sitting on, she looked at us, shrugged her shoulders and said "I don't know". As she continued to dig at her head, I was starting to make my way towards the door when my mom asked her again and made it clear that we were asking because I had an allergy. The girl huffed and puffed and yelled (literally yelled) for the manager. He walked up front, rolled his eyes and demanded, "what??!!" The girl asked what kind of oil do we use, and he said very abruptly, "peanut", rolled his eyes again, and flung himself around in the direction he came from. The girl behind the counter said to my mom, "well, is that what you wanted to know?!" My mom simply said "no thanks". We left.