KFC / ad's promote bad society values

Forgive me if this complaint seems petty however I promised my 8 yr old daughter I would do it for her. So we were watching TV and the ad where a little girls lies to get an ice cream comes on. My daughter started saying 'How could KFC show ads where they tell children to lie'. We then discussed their ads and established that the one where the child prays that she does not want her family to visit was also done in poor taste.Do we not try to teach our kids that family is the most important thing. Now I say again, I never thought I would be complaining about the ads but when my 8 yr old daughter opened my mind to this. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Maybe KFC needs to rethink their ad stratergy.

Lo

Comments

• Po
      21st of Sep, 2010

Every person teaches their children different values. No company could please everyone. It's seems like your child was well-taught enough to realize that she has learned different. For other children, any child that automatically mimics television has far more things to worry about then family values.