Kentucky Fried Chicken / workers

New Ulm, MN, United States Review updated:

KFC, one of my families favorite places to eat, and still is, but on July 3, 2011 at approximately 7:20 pm, we went to eat at KFC in New Ulm, MN. We were trying to decide if we should order separate meals or a bucket, and decided with a bucket. I asked what all came with the bucket, he told me and I said fine, that's what we'll have. When we finished and I went to throw my trash away I noticed a cicular ad stand showing that a bucket on Sundays was $10.00 for 10 pieces. I just paid $18 some dollars for my 8 pc. bucket. I went up to the counter, they were not busy inside and just asked this worker why no one mentioned the special to me. I said I could have gotten over twice the chicken for half the price. A younger gal, not the one that even took my order, then preceded to tell me in a very condescending (actually snotty is more like it), "we don't have to". And I said well that is not very good c.s. and if you have specials they should either be on the wall where you can see them as you come in, this stand is after you order past the beverage fountain. You don't see it until after you order. I just politely said, "well, don't you just think it would be the right thing to mention the special if someone is actually ordering a bucket?' She told me, "the manager said not to unless they ask". Well I did not believe any manager would say that, but then the manager on duty that night came up and asked me if there was a problem and I just explained the situation to him and all he did was look down at the cash register. I stood there for about 30 seconds with him still looking down at the cash register and then he just walked away. Didn't acknowledge me or anything. I have worked in the fast food business, on their side, and also at Target and would never, ever have treated a customer like that. I never raised my voice, I was very calm and just wanted to be treated like I was a good customer. We eat at KFC at least 4-6 times a month. This is the place we go to most of the time and never been treated like this before. There were also some older women in there that, as I went up to talk to the manager told me that they were very disappointed in the service and lack of respect.

Comments

• Bo
      Jul 06, 2011

Anyone that's in customer service should know that. And any manager that acts like that needs to be fired

• Dc
      Jul 06, 2011

Did you email KFC? I always do that with a company if I am not satisfied with something.