Kay Jewelers / cannot update customer information

1 Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:

December, 2008, My girlfriend purchased me a pre-engagement promise ring from Kay Jewelers. This ring is a beautiful white-gold and blue sapphire ring. To date, it has been shipped off 4 times for repair.

First, the ring was to be sized. For some reason, modifications cannot be completed in store, and therefor the ring was shipped off to some other place. The ring came back without problems. Later, I decided to have the ring re-sized for a different finger (Moved to my left hand) and the ring was again shipped out. When it came back, there was a nick in the metal near the stone. I let this go, simply because I wanted to wear the ring.

Several weeks later, the stone came loose, and I again had the ring shipped off to have the stone tightened and the nick in the metal near the stone. The ring came back, nick was fixed and the ring was polished, however the stone was still loose. The ring was again shipped out (third time, we're now 3 months after the purchase) and came back without issue.

Several weeks later, (Roughly six weeks later) The stone was loose again! Again, it was shipped off and came back fixed.

In January, a warranty was purchased for the ring, but the sales clerk misspelled my name.
Now, every time I go into the store, I'm told they cannot find my warranty without my paperwork, and that they cannot change the spelling of the name in store.
I was given a phone number to call [protected]) where I was told that it is impossible to update customer information. After a fairly lengthy conversation, I asked for the company's home state (Ohio) and am now proceeding to file complaints against the company.

Br

Comments

• Lu
      21st of Jul, 2009

Mine is getting brought in today for the 4th time. A large stone (the same diamond each time!) has fallen out and needs replacing again. I've been without my ring more than I've been with it since getting married! VERY frustrating! Poor customer service to boot. All willing to sell, none willing to maintain and deal with you after the purchase.

• Su
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I'm in the same boat. I've HAD so many problems with my ring. First I had problems with the sizing and the ring came back with a "nick" like what you had. THEN I finally get the ring and 2 weeks of wearing it the diamond falls out. So I send it and when I get it back the diamonds are still loose. So back again it goes. I've had 2 diamonds fall out. 3-5x having loose diamonds. And every time I talk to the manager he knows nothing and isn't helping me out. They keep telling me...o after this time they will deem the ring unrepairable and give me a new ring. YEA RIGHT. I've only had the ring for 7 months and it's been in the shop 6-7 times. And I have no idea what to do. We're ready to say "f-it" and take the loss.