Kay Jewelers / cannot update customer information
December, 2008, My girlfriend purchased me a pre-engagement promise ring from Kay Jewelers. This ring is a beautiful white-gold and blue sapphire ring. To date, it has been shipped off 4 times for repair.
First, the ring was to be sized. For some reason, modifications cannot be completed in store, and therefor the ring was shipped off to some other place. The ring came back without problems. Later, I decided to have the ring re-sized for a different finger (Moved to my left hand) and the ring was again shipped out. When it came back, there was a nick in the metal near the stone. I let this go, simply because I wanted to wear the ring.
Several weeks later, the stone came loose, and I again had the ring shipped off to have the stone tightened and the nick in the metal near the stone. The ring came back, nick was fixed and the ring was polished, however the stone was still loose. The ring was again shipped out (third time, we're now 3 months after the purchase) and came back without issue.
Several weeks later, (Roughly six weeks later) The stone was loose again! Again, it was shipped off and came back fixed.
In January, a warranty was purchased for the ring, but the sales clerk misspelled my name.
Now, every time I go into the store, I'm told they cannot find my warranty without my paperwork, and that they cannot change the spelling of the name in store.
I was given a phone number to call [protected]) where I was told that it is impossible to update customer information. After a fairly lengthy conversation, I asked for the company's home state (Ohio) and am now proceeding to file complaints against the company.
More Kay Jewelers Complaints & Reviews
- Kay Jewelers - fraudulent company 
- Kay Jewelers - ruined engagement ring 
- Kay Jewelers - switched diamonds 
- Kay Jewelers - mislead! 
- Kay Jewelers - they are the worst 
- Kay Jewelers - neil lane wedding set
- Kay Jewelers - engagement ring worst experience
- Kay Jewelers / Sterling Jewelers - unethical behaviour, lies scam over a return. crooked peter crooked kay
- Kay Jewelers / Sterling Jewelers - issue exchanging a gift rec'd 2/13/18 that was bought 2/3/18
- Kay Jewelers / Sterling Jewelers - a messed up order