JustAnswer.com / scam / noanswer want deposit back

United States, North Carolina, Wilmington Review updated:
Phone: (*910)398-8402
I wanted some simple answers about my dog. well this seemingly free website had me go through all of the registration process ask my question from their "experts" and then tell me i need to provide a "good faith deposit" which i can not seem to get back. also i never even got my answer from them. this site is a rip-off and i encourage EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM JUSTANSWER.COM!!! i have tried every avenue to get my "deposit" back and all they do is run you around in a web of circles. i hope this does not happen to anyone else out there. i have a hard enough time affording to feed my family without having my money stolen for absolutely nothing!

N  29th of Jul, 2009 by
Don't know if this will help:

N  23rd of Sep, 2009 by
I went to justanswer.com and asked Dr. Love a question and got an answer that was totally generic. It was as if he was typing a script. I did not accept his answer and sent a msg. for my money to be returned. Hopefully they will return my money. I will never do that again. Please don't trust any site that claims to give medical advise without seeing the patient.
A  8th of Oct, 2009 by
Sitting and awaiting the next sucker. My dog can give better advice
A  27th of Oct, 2009 by
I also seem to have fallen in the same trap. I deposited 7 pounds in order to ask one of my questions related to my tier 1 VISA to UK. I havent heard back from them in last 4-5 days ever since i posted this query but the amount has been charged to my paypal account. I have requested for a refund and am yet to hear back.
I will strongly advise people to keep off this site, this looks like a complete fake site taking people for a ride. I am not sure how could they survive online for such a long time cheating innocent people around.
A  17th of Nov, 2009 by
I agree I have been waiting 3 weeks for my refund---and have sent several e-mails---has anyone EVER gotten a refund from this site?????
D  24th of Nov, 2009 by
I posted a question on justask>Law, got a quick response, replied for a follow-up, got that, and then, just to see if it was a rip-off, said I was unsatisfied with the response (the response was great, actually) and got my money back no problem.
Tip: to make sure that your $ goes to the expert, choose the lowest priced option, keep replying until you're satisfied, then click the Happy button and give them a tip in line with the value of the advice.
I went back on and posted a simple question to the same expert and paid him for his time.

I have to say that this is NOT a scam. A scam would NEVER give refunds without difficulty, as in my case. I suspect that other posters might have mis-clicked, not read (it's easy to overlook that you can ask follow up questions until you're satisfied, for example, ) or didn't like the content of the answer, rather than the quality. gain, you always have the option to re-post your question to another expert...

I was suspicious, but satisfied. If you're unsure, get a debit card from your bank w/ only 10.00 on it or something and try it out. minimal risk, and the advice (in my case) was worth the cost.
A  23rd of Jan, 2010 by
I went to their site to ask a question about the Thunderbird email program. (The link to JustAnswers.com) was on the Mozilla forum web page.)

I asked my question and provided a bunch of information about my computer, and only after submitting the question was I told I'd have to pay for it!

This is a deceptive sales tactic. If Amazon acted that way they'd be out of business. They need to tell people that this is a fee service and they need to refund deposits if the answers are not acceptable.

I think Google ads and others needs to not support them either.
A  2nd of Feb, 2010 by
i asked for advice on a family law matter and got no answer back i paid a deposit of £11 and have not got it back i am really up set about this because i am a single mother with 3 children seeking much needed advice and that £11 was alot of money for me all i wanted was sum HELP
A  2nd of Jun, 2010 by
I asked a technical question and they debited my account $18.00 for which I received no answer.
N  6th of Jun, 2010 by
I asked JustAnswer a question regarding a fault in my washing machine. No response after a few weeks. I have no faith in this "company".

I have since requested a refund. I won't hold my breath, but will lodge another complaint when it doesn't happen in about 3-5 days.

N  3rd of Aug, 2010 by
I don't think it's a scam. Apparently they will refund your money. I'll wait to see if that happens. If you let your money sit there they eat it up at 1$/month in 'maintenance fees". I won't deal with them again. Too sneaky.
A  12th of Aug, 2010 by
They cleverly lead in someone like myself (searching to cure a problem with my Ford car) to believe this is a brand based (Ford in this case) organization, only later on did I realize that in fact their link in Google just fills in the brand you have typed in and tells you that all these Ford, Honda, Audi - whatever, 'experts' are waiting to give you the answer you need, what a nasty and fraudulent trick! Like others I was asked to deposit A REFUNDABLE sum to ask my question. All too late I discovered the answer was rubbish, anyone opening a Haynes manual could have made the same suggestion. It DID NOT answer the question that I posed and his second attempt just demonstrated that he either wasn't an 'expert' at all or he hadn't read my question.

I asked for my money back and received a response to say that my PayPal account would be credited within 1 to 5 days. OF COURSE IT WAS NOT! I have repeated the request twice more, but have little doubt now that fraud is their stock in trade and nothing more.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID! It's nothing more than a rip off.
N  27th of Aug, 2010 by
Bad...bad...bad they rip you off?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Do not use this site its a scam mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
N  22nd of Sep, 2010 by
To those of you who have had your money stolen, go to your bank and ask them to do an EFT, which is an electronic funds transfer. Tell them what happened. They will start investigation and will refund your money in a few days. If they find you had good reason to have that taken back they will let you keep that rrfund. If they find out that they did not steal it they will take the refund back from you. I have had that done many times.
I have peronally used justanswer twice and asked for legal advice. They did ok I paid them 15 dollars each time. The first time they took an additional 15 and i asked them to refund it and they did. I had no problems with them, but I am sure others were not that lucky.
A  12th of Oct, 2010 by
I asked a question of one of the experts at Just Answer (note that in the fine print they don't guarantee that their experts have the qualifications listed)and agreed to pay $50 as a one-time charge. I have had a terrible last 6 months and have only recently discovered that they have somehow, without me knowing, put me on a monthly subscription. They have charged me $50 every month since April (when I asked my one and only question) and I have now paid $300. I did not request an ongoing subscription. My credit card company says they can't do anything since it was a membership...no matter that it was a membership I didn't request and didn't want. My best advice is to stay far away from this company.
A  1st of Nov, 2010 by
Sorry to hear of your bad expirience! There is a new site that will allow you to post questions on anything from axia homework help to just about anything you need answered. The site is free to join. No need for getting approved as a tutor. Also you can get paid through Paypal by answering questions! www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com. I made some money there and withdrew it and got it in like an hour which by far is the best!
N  9th of Nov, 2010 by
Another source for Axia help is ace-axia.com. I've found that Ace-Axia at ace-axia.com has great, inexpensive tutorials and modal papers for all the popular Axia courses. Immediate downloads that help you get your assignments, checkpoints, and discussion questions finished fast!
N  4th of Dec, 2010 by
sweety..if the question is simple ...why bother to ask? you could just answer it by yourself right?????... I think that you don't have enough money to bring your dog to a real vet...poor you... .. fifi ur dog's conscience...xoxo
A  6th of Feb, 2011 by
I posted a question on justanswer.com they asked me for my card number and other info and I gave it to them. When I found out that they were going to charge me $30 to ask a "SO CALLED" law expert a question I backed out of the site and they still charged my card. This was last night on 2/5/11 this site is NOT just answers its just BS!!! It takes a PISS POOR site to rip people off like that!!! You can have the $30 maybe you will use it for a better web page.

Curt B.
N  28th of Oct, 2011 by
I have a $38.00 deposit that I have never received back, I asked a question like 6 months ago about a computer problem I was having. The ad said that if their answer didn't help me I would not be charged! There answer did not help me, I let them know this but never received a refund. They now occasionally send me a message telling me I still have a $38.00 deposit and would I like to ask another question. I have no idea how to get my money back. That was actually the last question I asked...How do I get my $38.00 "deposit" back? No answer!

JustAnswer Logo JustAnswer