JustAnswer is the largest Expert answer site with more than 15 million registered users and approximately 20 thousand Experts, who help make sure that their peers are who they claim to be through our “Prove It or Lose It” policy. The five-step screening process is as follows:
1. Tests: We implement tests for each specific category, i.e. A Real Estate Law test that’s different than Immigration Law. Traditionally only 1 in 10 applicants makes it past the test.
2. Stages: If the Expert passes, typically they start off with a limited account that we call “Stage 1”. They have a number of restrictions on their account, which are removed as they progress up the ranks.
3. Peer Reviews: All Experts are evaluated by their category peers.
4. Customer Feedback: If Experts receive excessive negative feedback from customers, they are banned from the site.
5. Prove It Or Lose It: We take a similar approach to eBay®. Suspicious Experts are asked to prove their stated credentials to a third- party credential checking company. If they refuse the credential check or fail, they are banned from the site.
Experts consist of ASE Master Certified Technicians, Automotive Engineers, and other Car Experts. On the right-side of the homepage, under the Meet The Experts column, clicking on See More Experts shows those that meet these qualifications.