Jetstar Airlines / beware jetstar - what a ripoff

1 Tasmania, Australia Review updated:

In July 2009 I booked a Jetstar flight departing Melbourne at 1pm on 9 November 2009. This time would enable us to disembark from an international flight & have plenty of time to clear customs & immigration, collect baggage etc. jetstar have now changed the flight to 11.35am, which is too tight a connection. I requested a refund & they have refused on the grounds that they can alternatively offer us a 4pm flight, which is 3 hours or less from our original booking.
Beware of jetstar - they deliberately offer a large menu of flights less than 3 hours apart, which they have no intention of flying. This will induce you to book at a convenient time & they will then force you on to a different flight by refusing a refund. Somewhere buried in their terms & conditions it says you are obliged to accept a flight within 3 hours of the original booking.

Comments

9th of Sep, 2009

I booked a return flight on JETSTAR and they had me flying out of a differnt city. When I tried to ask them to fix their Mistake they wanted to charge me $230. I had to speak to 5 people over 2 days to get the correct booking and even when the manager of the customer service centre agreeded it was impossible for me to only have one booking reference number and fly out of a different city he still wanted to charge me to make the change. This is happening all the time, jet star are not fixing their mistakes and are making the consumer pay for them.
    This is what I sent to Jet Star today.

Case ID: - -

I am just informing JETSTAR that I have make contact with Department of Fair Trading and lodged a complaint regarding online booking issues that I feel go un resolved as the consumer is paying for JETSTAR mistakes.
    I will be taking this further in any way I can.
    You resolved my case because I argued that with only 1 customer reference number it is impossible for me to book two flights departing from different cities. I was made to feel I was the person in the wrong and asked repeatly to pay more than $200 to fix JETSTAR booking mistake.
    I am sure this is happening every day. I have now spoken to many other consumers who have simalar "Bad" experiences with JETSTAR. We all fly Virgin now as they are much more friendly and don't make such basic mistakes as to mess up a simply return flight booked on line.

Fix this issue and make a public statement regarding it being fixed. This is a criminal case of Fraud. If I doubed myself I would have had to pay to get home for work on monday. I wonder how many people are Conned every day?

• Ka
      14th of Mar, 2011
    Jetstar Airlines - customer service
    launcestonn airport
    Launceston
    Tasmania
    Australia

complaints as to to way a hostess treated my 89 year old mother and gave her a bruise on her right arm and pulled her up out of plane seat at the launceston airport on the 7.45pm flight from melbourne to launceston on the 7th march 2011

• Du
      20th of Oct, 2012

I needed a flight from Singapore to Bangkok and looked up flights on the interent. I booked a flight on their webpage. They try to sell you everything in the world on their booking. Even charge customers a $5.00 seat charge. As I got in line to check my 3 bags the lady told me $200 extra for baggage. I said how can these bags be more than a person. I had paid $150 to fly. I stood there and couldn't believe what I heard. I asked to speak with a manager.
    They said there was no manager just floor people and no one was in charge. Then the worst lady ever came over and told me to repack my heavy items in my carry on computer bag. I did so and returned to hear that the original lady had made a mistake and now it's $400 extra to fly. I told her that's OK please refund my money and I'll go somewhere else. The rude lady laughed at me and told me NO REFUNDS! I turned around and kept my cool and walked away. My bank then took the charge off my card. Thank God for credit cards. I then walked down to Air Asia and got a ticket including luggage for $222.00 for the same 2 hour flight.
    I would never use this airline. I would tell customers to stay away because they are going to rip you off. I plan on filing a criminal fraud case so other customers on vacation don't have this happen to them.