Jet Airways / flight cancellation - disproportionate refund

Mumbai, India Review updated:

I bought a round trip ticket blr - hkg - blr through makemytrip.com for approx. Rs. 26000. Layover sector to hkg was bom & for the return leg del. Blr - bom - hkg was a good trip. On 2nd aug morning around 4am I received a text from jetairways informing me of the cancellation of the del - hkg flight & consequent cancellation of flt 9w 77 from hkg - del. Because it was less than 24 hours before scheduled departure I was unable to cancel or change the flight through the makemytrip app, on the phone or on the jet airways app, through jetairways, airport staff and other methods. Consequently, I was unable to take my connecting flight 9w 811 del - blr on 2nd aug.

I booked a separate return on the jet airways app for a full fare price of rs 25000 & when speaking to jet airways customer service and staff on aug 3rd received confirmation that I am entitled for a full refund for the cancelled sector hkg - del - blr.

Makeytrip agrees, but tells me that jet airways says that the sector flown is valued at rs 25000 & the sector not flown is valued at approx. Rs 1000 which is the refund I will get. This is preposterous.

How is the return sector or 50% of the journey valued at less than 1% of the entire purchase. Why is the airline not responsible for replacing the cancelled journey or I would like a full refund of the new flight ticket that I purchased to replace my return flight.
Jet airways customer support or makemytrip is not responding clearly to queries

An
Aug 25, 2016

Comments

• Tr
      Aug 31, 2016

Dear Anaindia

We were looking into your concern but have found that a few important details are missing.

Please provide us with the following details:

- Booking ID or
    - Email address used at the time of booking

We await your response to get the matter checked at our end.

Assuring you best of our services.

Team-MakeMyTrip Care