Jet Airways / flight cancellation - disproportionate refund
I bought a round trip ticket blr - hkg - blr through makemytrip.com for approx. Rs. 26000. Layover sector to hkg was bom & for the return leg del. Blr - bom - hkg was a good trip. On 2nd aug morning around 4am I received a text from jetairways informing me of the cancellation of the del - hkg flight & consequent cancellation of flt 9w 77 from hkg - del. Because it was less than 24 hours before scheduled departure I was unable to cancel or change the flight through the makemytrip app, on the phone or on the jet airways app, through jetairways, airport staff and other methods. Consequently, I was unable to take my connecting flight 9w 811 del - blr on 2nd aug.
I booked a separate return on the jet airways app for a full fare price of rs 25000 & when speaking to jet airways customer service and staff on aug 3rd received confirmation that I am entitled for a full refund for the cancelled sector hkg - del - blr.
Makeytrip agrees, but tells me that jet airways says that the sector flown is valued at rs 25000 & the sector not flown is valued at approx. Rs 1000 which is the refund I will get. This is preposterous.
How is the return sector or 50% of the journey valued at less than 1% of the entire purchase. Why is the airline not responsible for replacing the cancelled journey or I would like a full refund of the new flight ticket that I purchased to replace my return flight.
Jet airways customer support or makemytrip is not responding clearly to queries
More Jet Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Jet Airways - lost luggage! 
- Jet Airways - worst customer service for online booking! 
- Jet Airways - baggage loss 
- Jet Airways - no refund for ticket from last 6 months 
- Jet Airways - horrendous joyride 
- Jet Airways India - negligent check in, extremely unhelpful and rude behavior
- Jet Airways - baggage misplaced
- Jet Airways - boarding window
- Jet Airways - overall customer service
- Jet Airways India - flight cancellation