JD Byrider / engine falling apart from the inside

I bought a car from jdbyrider about 2 years ago. I have had to replace the gear shift and now I am without a car. My car shut off on me, would not start back up. I had it towed to a mechanic and they told me that I had a rod in the engine, And that the engine was falling apart. Now granted I do not know how the people before treated the car. But the fact is that it is the responsibility of the car dealership to know the conditions of the car. Also to let the consumer of these problems. Well, we contacted them and they said that they could not refinance me (not that I would want to but as a last resort) unless I had 2, 000 to put down. I didn't have that much when I first got the car, so why the *** would they want that much now. All they did was tell us to call the next day and talk to the mechanic. For what so they can put faulty parts in there and charge me up the you know what. I don't think so. Please be aware of how they are. They take advantage of you. Now I have no car and I have 2 kids. Do you think they really care.

Cf

Comments

• Di
      13th of Sep, 2009

It is quite obvious that they are taking advantage of people with few options. I started having problems the first week I had my car. I lost count how many times I had to take it to the shop while it was still under warranty. Everything that they supposedly fixed never was. Once my warranty expired, I had to pay for a bunch of repairs that were so called "fixed" by JD Byrider. Thank God I had an understanding boss, otherwise I would not have a job because of all the transportation issues I have had. Just recently I had to replace the engine. In the first two years, I've spent over $4000 in car repairs alone and I still owe $3300 on my car. A 2000 Dodge Stratus. They told me this would improve my credit and assured me that I was getting a very reliable car. I am dissapointed, disgusted, appalled, etc. I am honoring the contract and I continue to make my payments on time but the God I serve will take care of this situation way better than I could think of. God have mercy on JD Byrider and all of its employees when they reap what they have sown 10 fold!

• Lo