Complaints & Reviews

JD Byriderharassment

JD Byrider in Clementon NJ has an mechanic who is spanish who on a constant basis sexually harasses any woman who may come to the garage for any reason, be it employee, delivery person, or someone there to get their car fixed. The owner is aware of this and takes no actions to correct the situation. We should boycott this business until this "man" is kicked to the curb! DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company! I have written the main office to complain and as of this point have heard nothing back. If you read this and know where I am speaking of beep as you go by as a form of complaint!

JD Byrider — stay away

I hate JD ByRyder!!! I did not have good credit and I knew I was getting screwed before I even bought it. I...

CNAC Financing — Don't do business with them

I got a vehicle financed through JD Byryder a little over 3 years ago. I too was told that I could trade in...

JD Byriderengine falling apart from the inside

I bought a car from jdbyrider about 2 years ago. I have had to replace the gear shift and now I am without a car. My car shut off on me, would not start back up. I had it towed to a mechanic and they told me that I had a rod in the engine, And that the engine was falling apart. Now granted I do not know how the people before treated the car. But the fact is that it is the responsibility of the car dealership to know the conditions of the car. Also to let the consumer of these problems. Well, we contacted them and they said that they could not refinance me (not that I would want to but as a last resort) unless I had 2, 000 to put down. I didn't have that much when I first got the car, so why the *** would they want that much now. All they did was tell us to call the next day and talk to the mechanic. For what so they can put faulty parts in there and charge me up the you know what. I don't think so. Please be aware of how they are. They take advantage of you. Now I have no car and I have 2 kids. Do you think they really care.

• Di
        Dissapointed24 Sep 13, 2009

It is quite obvious that they are taking advantage of people with few options. I started having problems the first week I had my car. I lost count how many times I had to take it to the shop while it was still under warranty. Everything that they supposedly fixed never was. Once my warranty expired, I had to pay for a bunch of repairs that were so called "fixed" by JD Byrider. Thank God I had an understanding boss, otherwise I would not have a job because of all the transportation issues I have had. Just recently I had to replace the engine. In the first two years, I've spent over $4000 in car repairs alone and I still owe $3300 on my car. A 2000 Dodge Stratus. They told me this would improve my credit and assured me that I was getting a very reliable car. I am dissapointed, disgusted, appalled, etc. I am honoring the contract and I continue to make my payments on time but the God I serve will take care of this situation way better than I could think of. God have mercy on JD Byrider and all of its employees when they reap what they have sown 10 fold!

• Lo
        LovelyMe Oct 06, 2009

I hope a miracle happen and they all go DOWN!!! I HATE JDBYRIDER

JD Byriderrip-off artists

My husband and I were struggling with bad credit from our divorces, and JD Byrider seemed to be the only option for us. In Oct 2006, we bought a 1999 Ford Contour from the Mansfield, OH dealership. We knew that the interest rate would be WAY more than with a normal dealership, but our other car at the time was about to go, and we felt we had no other choice.

The car came with the 18 month, 18000 mile warranty...thank GOD...because during the last 18 months of owning the piece of crap, it has been in the shop about a dozen times. Lets see, fuel pump, alternator, fuel pump again (the service mgr said the other guy did it wrong), brake rotors (they fell off in the mech hand), fuel pump AGAIN (mgr said a bad part was used by mistake, which was the least of my problems since I broke down in the middle of the intersection during rush hour), alternator AGAIN (ground wire not secured and it blew it), and the engine light is on constantly (they say it is normal to have faulty lights and/or fuses). There is more, but those are the highlights.

To top it off, the management (not at the store, but at the district office) is rude, obnoxious, and bullies. We have made numerous complaints about the car, and even tried to trade it in to get a car from a reputable dealer. They told us to pay on it another year to get our amount owed down under $5000 and they would take some off the amount owed so we could trade it in. We have been paying for it for 18 months, and we still owe almost three times what it is worth!

We are in the process of trying to decide what to do. All I can tell you is PLEASE DO NOT buy from them. They know they have you over a barrel, and they have no problems reminded you of it OFTEN. Take the bus, buy a piece of crap with cash, something. Believe me when I say you will be fixing one of their cars more than you would be your piece of crap that you don't owe any money on!

MADIN PITTSBURGH Apr 10, 2009

OMG I have a 1998 Ford Contour from them in Pittsburgh PA and my story, while different parts, is exactly the same. Mine broke down 18 minutes after I bought it. I tried to return it, and they acted like I committed a crime. How dare me ask to return it. They talked me into keeping it and it is the sorriest thing I have ever done. I tried to trade mine and after two years I owe over 4000.00 and the piece of crap is work 500.00. In addition to that, try to get an appointment to service it. I asked for a state inspection the last week of March, expiring March 31 and was told the soones was April 22. The recommended I take it to a further JD. If I wanted to go there, I would have bought it there. EVERYONE STAY AWAY...PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS...

• Ap
          apache Jul 15, 2009

I just bought a 2000 chevy impala from mansfield location. What a mistake I had to take it to another jd byrider location because of the air bag light coming on. The guy pulled the codes and said it was for the air bag, the anti lock brakes and of all things the transmission, which happens to jerk when it goes into gear. So I had to take it back to the location i bought it from and he said he cant find anything wrong with the car, and that its not pulling any codes. hmmmm so now my check engine light is on and this morning on the way to work it just quit dead on me. All the wanna do is give you the run around, and act like its your fault!

james mullins Aug 18, 2010

thats right i am a exemployee of theirs.i quit because i told them of employees not doing their jobs.not changing oil before the car was sold put wipers on and let go.they let me quit and kept the dead rip off tech if you can call him that.i am in fla so i know what these people are talking about.i worked without meny of lunches to fix what should have been fixed in the first place

• Sc
          Scott_A Jun 04, 2011

I Bought my car from the Kernersville, NC location in 2008. I was happy to have a car that works. in march of this year I had to take the car to an AAMCO Transmissions shop to have the car fixed. the guy said it's good that you drought it to us because your warranty is expired and they would charge you more for the repairs. I paid $675 for the repairs to my car. Then I have problems with my OBD system and spent $178 to fix those problems. no the car runs bad, it won't pass inspection and thy overcharged me for the car. my loan was for $11, 000. the car is worth only $3, 200. it's a 1999 Chevy Lumina. I know that part of this problem is my responsibility but I needed a car really bad. I will never refer anyone to them.

• Na
          nackota134 Sep 28, 2013

Pennsylvania Residents: The Attorney General's office is requesting that anyone that has had a problem with JD Byrider/CNAC submit a claim via their website: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Complaints.aspx. According to the agent, that I spoke to, "the more information we have, the better position we stand to address the negligence and poor business practices. I have filed claims both within my state and through the National Consumer Protection Agency.

The more voices they hear, the more likely the are to act against this predatory lender. It makes me sick to see what they are doing to people that are already in a delicate situation.

I have a 2003 Mercury Sable that is sitting behind my apartment unable to move because I refuse to put another dime into it. I spoke to a tow truck driver, in my area of PIttsburgh, that told me he picks up, no less, than 5-7 JD Byrider cars a week.

Enough is enough.

I would recommend to all the bloggers here to alert the Attorney General's office in your state and also file a national claim. Give this a voice, besides posting on blogs. Let the government know what they are doing. The more voices in their ears, the more likely they are to act.

We may not be able to sue the pants off of this company, but the federal and state governments can force the company to face their demons and make significant changes or close them down completely.

CNAC FinancingDo not buy from JD Byrider

I purchased a vehicle from JD Byrider in July of 2007 and was told at that time that if I made all of my payments on time that Russ Darrow their co-company would guarantee me financing into a brand new vehicle. I had all my payments directly withdrawn never was late or missed a payment in over a year. I went back after my year was up and they told me that I could not trade in my vehicle until I paid off almost the full balance. I paid $11, 000 for vehicle that isn't worth half of that. I wish there was some way I could get out from under the horrible debt.

• Te
            teagle1955 Apr 03, 2010

iam glad i have read alot of these complaints we went in to jd byrider a week ago march 2010 to apply for a car . first thing they made us fill out the paper work and told us how their company work never said anything about repo. a car if payment wasn't on time. would not show us a car until they found out how much they could finance a car for me. i told them i could only afford maybe a 150.00 a month and they were talking about 320 a month when we ask them how much or which car was the cheapest no one could answer that. iam glad i listen to my son n law and check out these complaints against this company. you don't know how much you helped. this was at beechmont ave. in ohio

• Ru
            Russ Darrow Sep 29, 2011

We are very sorry to hear this please contact me at [protected]@russdarrow.com to allow me to assist in anyway possible. We value ALL OF OUR customers and will go above and beyond to help

• La
            Latifah Aug 09, 2017

I've just been a victim to this company, without knowing they are shady. I only had my car for less than a month missed one payment they set my account up for repo after I trade in my car as well as put 200 down I'm only 2 payments in and now I'm left with no transportation. This should be against the law. If anyone went through this situation and had a lawyer can I please get the info?

Russ Darrow/ JD Byrider/ CNAC — deceptive practices!

I would not do business with Russ Darrow ever. First of all, my dealings started with Russ Darrow when I saw...