Jack in the Box / unfair working conditions

1 Pasadena, CA, United States Review updated:

i work at the jack in the box in Pasadena, Ca. Store #323. This has happend to me twice already, i've been suspended from work for a week without so much as a phone call to let me know.. i've been expected to just show up to work and find out im not on the schedule at all... i wonder if this is against the law... my manager has been giving me 4 hours A WEEK!!! and crazy schedules like midnight to 4 on a Saturday night... and i dont even have a car.. i'm expected to take the bus at those hours?? i wonder how you are supposed to take those orders out on time when the people you work with all go upstairs at the same time to do god knows what for hours and i'm left by myself to do everything.. and then I get in trouble for not being fast enough... completely unfair if you ask me!! almost enough to make me want to sue...

Comments

8th of Aug, 2007
    Jack in the Box - Filthy conditions!

I was in JACK IN THE BOX in Coeur'd Alene Idaho 8 am although the place had recently been remodeled it was filthy the kind of filth consistent with laziness and neglect. Dried food splatters on the tables, black side walk coated with grease floor mat caked with food, even a used cloth hankercheif on the drink station. I got cold fries which in itself wasn't a big deal, but when I told the employee she put her hand on top of a huge pile of fries under a heatlamp, determined they were indeed cold and ordered more which was dumped on top of the cold ones. I asked for the manager's name, one employee didn't know what it was the second employee knew her name but when asked when she would be in, said "thats a good question" I called later was put off called again the manager was at the bank, I left my number for her to call back several hours passed with no return call so called back once and finally talked to her. When I told that it was first time that I never saw this type of filth at her restaurant before. She exclaimed "that the last manager was fired because of the sh** that he let happen". I asked for the number of her area manager she said "he's right here do you want to talk to him" as she was handing him the phone I heard her say "Do you want to talk to this du***ss". The conversation with guy went nowhere when he suggested that I did'nt know what I was talking about I apparently don't know the difference between busy dirt and lazy dirt. He told me that I shouldn't assume that the mess I saw was due to laziness which it obviously was at 8 am with no other customers but me and two other guests and the fact that the dried food was left over from the night before.

Later I sent e-mail to cooperation headquarters telling them that I had digital phone images of the filth that might get a lot of attention if I were to upload to the internet. This was quickly responded to with a threatening phone call from an apparent company lawyer who promptly PUT ME ON NOTICE he told me that he was going to contact the restaurant manager and the restaurant security manager to stop me if I show up with a camera again. I asked "They have a security manager but not a Clean the restaurant manager"? This only made him mad and he said "I've put you on notice and I'll leave it at that". the company seemed more interested in the video than correcting the problem.

• La
      16th of Jan, 2009

I used to eat at Jack in the Box daily but I havebeen asking for the Smoothie for the past 6 weeks at 3 different locations (76006) and there machines are not working or is the wrong tempreture. When I finally compalined to one of the manager she was rude and unprofessional. She also forgot to give me my burger but charged me anyway. I went home and had to come back to get the burger, the emplyee and the manager were laughing and just throw me the bag. When I got home, there was no napkin the box and the sandwich (ultimate burger) had two pcs of the bottm bread on it. I did not eat it just in case they spit in it or somthing. I have spend over $3-4 grand with them but no more. They are rude managers.

• Im
      30th of Aug, 2009

I work at this jack in the box and im Agree with your statement

• Im
      30th of Aug, 2009

I work 4 this jack in the box n my coworker is being treat unfair our manager just give the best hours and schedule to girls he likes

• Ca
      13th of Feb, 2010

I actually am a Manager of a Jack in TX. How ever if you look on the cbt we have an 800 number the ethics hotline. They care about the employees and understand that if we're not happy, we don't make money. Then things could happen and ya end up like what u read about. Call thm & if ya all do, they will make some changes.

• Be
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I work At Jack too, or did til i was goin in to check the schedule and I'm not even on there and i was working on call with no calls being made. they idn't even tell i was off the list i finally went in a looked! its dirty, and its not a good enviroment to work in store, isn't good the management is horriable we've been through 7 managers in the past 2 yrs. our service times are 10 mins plus to wait its so embearassing to work there the "company" is messed up its unfair to the empolyees and the costumers it has.

• Sh
      14th of Jul, 2010

coupon use, call Sheldon K. Rueda/@ 209-951-3737/for complaint

• Sn
      15th of Jul, 2010
    Jack In The Box - no staff
    jack in the box on briar forest at eldridge
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 713-480-6899

i live down the road and have been going to jack for years now, i love to eat late at night and usually i don't mind waiting 10 min to get my food, but recently there have been many other people eating the delicious jack burgers at 2-3 am and i am tired of waiting for up to 30 min on my food because there is only 1 person working, the management needs to make sure there are at least 2 if not 3 people working the night shift, i hate having to go to mcdonalds, so please take care of this issue, again the jack is on eldridge at briar forest 77077, thanks

• Bo
      20th of Sep, 2010
    Jack In The Box - Dirty & Unsanitary Conditions
    Jack In The Box
    3RD. & Adams
    Temple
    Texas

I was in this restuarnt this morning for breakfast at approx. 8am. After placing my order I sat down at a dirty table and noticed all of them were dirty, the serving counters had food and beverage stains all over them, the trash collection area was cluttered with old food and the inside area was buzzing with flies. I was unable to finish eating due to the dirty condition. I doubt if I will return to this convient stop. There is no excuse for a dirty eating area. Sorry Jack but I can't come back.
    Bob S.
    Temple, TX

• Ih
    Jack In The Box - Lost credit card
    Jack in the box
    Moorpark road

There was a line of about 8 cars at Jack in the box and i was being rushed. I ordered my food, gave them my card got my food and left. It wasn't until i got to work that i realized I didn't have my credit card. I called the jack in the box to see if they had it. They denied it and i had to cancel my card and now wait for a new card to come. This is the third time that they had forgotten to give me my card. You could say that i should have asked for it back, but it's not my job to ask for it and quiet frankly i was being rushed and forgot. How hard is it for them to give me my damn card back? I'm a poor college student, and without a credit card, I'm outa luck for money the next couple days.

• Ih
      15th of Jan, 2011

It's their job. Part of the process of giving me my food too. They got my order right, surprising, i know, but they still had to screw it up.
    This is the third time. I was rushed and in a hurry.

• Po
      15th of Jan, 2011

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Yes, it's a cliche, but if after two times they forgot your card, then you do share part of the blame for not forseeing this. And since you were so rushed, it is possible you lost it elsewhere. It may be unlikely, but it's always possible.

• Cl
      5th of Feb, 2011

i definetly agree with that. i work at jack in the box 220. i have little time employed their but i feel like i am being harrased by one of the team leaders. she is always cursing and throwing the food or bags filled with food to me.! many customers have complained that she has an attitude and i feel like my restaurant manager has done nothing to change that. our service is good by so far, however the mystery hasnt passed our restaurant in like a month already. when i began my "career" @ jacks, i thought it was going to be a fun and wonderful experience sad to say im not the only one that feels like this. my schedule was always morning shifts, something like 8am - 5pm ... i always have stayed overtime even though sometimes i cnt because im scared of loosing my job . all of a sudden he changed my schedule. to night shifts and weekends. i told him i couldnt work certain hours and i get a call on a saturday morning him telling me that he cant give me what i ask for since he gives what other people ask for 1st, and that he needs me certain hours, and that if i dnt like it im welcome to leave or transfer to another restaurant if i can. i had asked him only 3-4 days evenings off so i can do my residency hours for medical assistant so i can enhance my learning and train myself further with the medical field. he told me i can maybe give you sundays off but its not a promise. alot of my co-workers see and compliment me on my always being cheerful and happy and fast and accurate. only if they knew i dnt feel comfortable working there anymore, the only reason im working is because our customers are at no fault and i dnt want the team leader to say im weak. cus other workers have quit because of her. i dnt know what to do, im afraid to call the ethics hotline because i just dnt want to loose my job. i really dnt like closing hours with her because she leaves to her car and get her candies and i end up leaving an hr later. i dnt have transportation anymore and they just dnt seem to understand that. also at times she doesnt want to give me a ten min break when i work more than 8 hours, i have to beg for it.!

• Th
      2nd of Mar, 2011

Sorry to hear about your husband, but I wouldn't say Jack in the Box is a "home-cooked meal".

• Da
      10th of Mar, 2011

Well Ive been workin for Jack since May of 2010. I got fired in Septmber because I had to take off work to go to my niece brian surgrey. They hired me back in October we have went thru two assisant managers. The new manager we have now told us on her first day that she was going to get all these old people out of her an get her family in here. An thats is just what she is doing she got rid of a team leader that was a good worker and the cumtomers love. She also give the customer food out of the waste bucket. Now just last friday I got the call that my niece has to go thru brain surergy again. I told my manager monday that I need to be at the hospital Thursday he told me " I dont care you need to be at work. Go see whats wrong with her after work or get some one to cover your shift." Now I no from what Ihave seen working woth him if there is somthing work with his family he will not come in. He be also schuelde for day at work an dont show. So why is it so bad for a crew member to be able to have to take time off to be with there sick family. I dont no if my niece is going to make it. I have to be at the hospital with may family. So now my job is jepordy beacuase of a sickness in my family. But by Jacks hand book famliy comes first. Well thats only for the men, an white people an the managers at my store. Saint Louis, Missouri store 4017. 1242 Hampton. Now it's time for me to get a lawyer. Cause I cant loose my job again cause Jack dont want go by his own hand book.

• Lo
      16th of Jul, 2011
    Jack In The Box - Bad Commercials
    Jack in the Box Inc.

I am very disappointed with the commercials that Jack in the Box is running. They do not need the sexual or other inappropriate behavior to sell their food. The commercials should encourage people to eat their food, not disgust them. I will not eat at a Jack in the Box unless the commercials clean up.

• In
      16th of Jul, 2011

Good your fatass doesn’t need anymore fast food, try eating something called a vegetable.

• Sw
      9th of Aug, 2011

complained 3 times here and the page messed up so its short ok there

4th of May, 2012

i work for a jack in the box in austin texas. the managers there brow beat workers into coming into work sick because they cant afford to go to the doctors to get a note. if you call in sick for one day they ask for a note and if you don't give them the note they cut your hours and threaten to write you up for it. i know for a fact that in texas the law says that after a 3 day absents it is mandatory to present them with a doctor note. the manager also lied to me when they hired me by saying that they would promise me 30 hours a week and move me on what they called their fast track program for shift leaders none of this has happened. what has happened is that i have seen discrimination and unsafe food practices all so they can save time at the window. jack in the box is a heartless corporation that cares more about there bottom line then there the employees or their customers. i will be calling their ethics hot line soon because i for one am tired of the ignorance of the managers and being treated like a second class citizen just because i work with food.

• Gl
      9th of May, 2012
    Jack in the Box - HORRENDOUS, never again will i go there
    Jack in the Box

Approx 630 am I purchase a club chicken salad at Jack in the box. It is my understanding that you have a choice of grill or fry chicken and is serve with bacon ranch dressing. Well to start it was very dificult to understand the employee who was working the drive through. After placing the order I get to the window and she states that they do not have any grill chicken, only fry. Ok find I pay. Then she states that they do not have any bacon ranch or croutons, I ask them will they give me a discount since the salad is not as advertise. The lady stated that it cannot be done.

She never aplologize or try to offer naything else for the inconvenience, so why advertise or be open 24 hours if your not going to have what this company advertise. Sorry jack you are a big dissapointment I guess no more Jack.

Another Jack in the Box complaint…

I went to the Jack in the Box on Price by the Freeway in Brownsville Texas. OMG everything was horrible. aside from my order being wrong… fine okay i will deal. But the burgers were sloppy- greasy, my chicken salad was greased with the fried chicken and bacon bits. And then I get BACON dressing? when i asked for honey mustard. the cokes were flat and the cups were greasy as well. I know what Jack has in his box, its lard. Never had i had such horrible food. My son who at one time fancied glue.. couldn’t eat his jumbo jack.

HORRENDOUS, never again will i go there. Not even the dude behind me was happy. his order was to go and they just shloshed his curly fries into the bag. Purely horrible… this is why Jack hides his real face so we don’t know who he is.