[Resolved] Int*intelius Sb / I was charged and have no idea what that is

1 Brandon, MS, United States Review updated:

If you select a promotional price on the intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of identity protect. After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19. 95 monthly.

However, there’s no obligation. If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want identity protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.

Please call [protected] monday to friday from 5am to 8pm and saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Intelius Customer Care, Jun 14, 2011

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Comments

• Nt
      23rd of Sep, 2010

I WAS CHARGED BY SOMETHING CALL INT*INTELIUS SB ON MY CHECK CARD TWICE. I WANT MY MONEY BACK IT WAS 19.95 AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS

• Pi
      25th of Oct, 2010
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

On 10/22/2010, I discovered a card purchase in the amount of $19.95. The description was "INT*INTELIUS SB 877-974-1563 WA". These people cheat their way into your pockets by deceiving you into a subscription of Identity Protection when you purchase a record. But when you cancel your subscription, your identity becomes readily available for anyone to google and grab. You're not safe either way. Once you make a purchase, you empower them to protect your identity, which another party can PURCHASE. Don't do business with this band of hooligans!

• Ni
      2nd of Nov, 2010

Same. I was erroneously charged Nov. 2 for $19.95. The original "charge" was $4.95 for a reverse telephone number lookup.

• To
      13th of Nov, 2010

I have noticed this on my credit card bill. I contacted my bank. They said as it is a recurring charge you need to formally cancel it by email or phone and intelius sb. If they take it again THEY the bank will recover the money. You need to make a note of when you did it. This is the case in the UK.

5th of Dec, 2010

THIS IS CLEARLY A DECEPTIVE PRACTICE IN MY OPINION... I have called our states Attorney General's office to complaign. *** Call you local Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint. If enough victims complain they will file suit agains the company ***

• Ju
      19th of Jan, 2011

When I ordered it was for $9.95 as advertised. Then when I looked on my credit card bill it was 12.90 plus another 19.95. Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit I'm there. MOST IMPORTANTLY MOST OF THE INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE IS MISINFORMATION AND YOU PAY FOR IT!!!

• Se
      3rd of Feb, 2011

I was ripped off by this company also they have been double charging my ccrd the 19.95 each mon for four month snow, just got them to cancel now I'm scarred to get frauded again guess it's my own fault for paying for something online with ccrd but I swear I only subscribed to the phone number look up what a scam.

• Yo
      11th of Feb, 2011

i use one time service and cancel the service and they charge two month more for the service

• Ab
      4th of Mar, 2011

I too was erroneously charged 19.95. I only found there phone number through this link. They are returning the 19.95. Be very careful who you give your personal info to online. There are all kinds of fradulent scams being carried out. 877-974-1563

• Fo
      22nd of Mar, 2011

I had a same charges in my account and only way I could contact these dopes was using the number 888-445-2727 listed on this post. Their website even doesn't publish this number. They are simply a scam. Never register with http://www.intelius.com/

• Ro
      29th of Mar, 2011

this co. is a rip off .idid a phone # look up for .99 cent only .now they are taking out 19.99 . I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• Ca
      4th of Apr, 2011

i agree i was charged 19.95 and then 20.49 and it keeps going i cancelled any services that says i was with and they still charge me i want my money back, this is bull, im a single mother of a baby and no car what do i need 24 hour asst for like come off it inteluis stop being like this and give our money back like wtf

• Ki
      16th of Apr, 2011

I agree class action law-suit, I want my money back and money for bad practice. These guys have probably made millions and I say we bankrupt them.

20th of Apr, 2011

I just noticed this charge on my statement. I was curious as to what this was and I found this site. I then went back to my statements. Turns out I have been getting charged since December 17, 2010 and only now am I noticing it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! WHO IS WITH ME???

• Ya
      20th of Apr, 2011

Let's Get em. I just noticed it; copied it over to Google and got this thread. Seems that a lot of people could be impacted. I am in the midwest; USA. Has anyone checked out "the fine print" yet? I assume there is some and if they told us up front that this would/could happen we may not have a case. I don't know either way, have not checked it out myself yet. I am all for getting some money back...they have been charging me for many YEARS. The $19.95 that everyone is mentioning. Just found it amongest my zillion transactions..i should pay more attention. :)

• Re
      6th of May, 2011

I've just noticed the $19.95 being charged each month also. Called the number above to cancel and they did. The rep was a smooth talker that made it all sound so good. They could not retro the termination though. Anything we can do to recocover any of this would be great!

16th of May, 2011

I noticed this same $19.95 charge on my statement several months ago. Not a clue to what it was. I typed in the name..found this website of complaints. Hoping I get results when I call the phone number..I want all of my money back, as this has gone on for several months.

16th of May, 2011

Have not a clue how this charge got onto my credit card. $19.95 appeared several months ago. I called 888-445-2727 number listed by the charge. Not there on there on the weekends. Typed in there name and found this website...what a surprise..it is a scam. I will fight for all of my money back.

• Da
      17th of May, 2011

This company has been unknowingly charging my grandmother 19.95 a month for TWO YEARS. The kicker? SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO TURN A COMPUTER ON. I'm not sure what needs to be done, but we WILL be contacting an attorney.

• Jp
      24th of May, 2011

we were charged 19.95 to our master card credit card and we do not know why and how