[Resolved] Intelius.com / 24 hour protect

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I used intellius to locate the owner of a property, which I have done a few times in the past, but this time Intellius signed me up to "24 hour protect". I was unaware of this until I found the charge of 19.95 on my credit card. I cancelled this service immediately but did not get my 19.95 back and am absolutely furious that I entrusted Intellius with my personal information and they sold it to the highest bidder. There are numerous complaints against "24 hour protect", but I blame Intellius for selling me out without my permission or knowlege. Beware.
Joanna in Ca.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 15, 2009

If you require further assistance, please call Customer Support at 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Jan 19, 2010

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Apr 09, 2010

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Jo

Comments

• Va
      18th of Jun, 2008
    Intelius.com - Full of nonsense
    Intelius.com
    www.intelius.com

Intelius is full of none sense!!! Do Not Use any of the Services With Intelius!

The information Intelius provides is in complete and unsatisfactory for the amount of money they charge. Also, the customer service personal is ignorant about the services they have. The only thing they know is to tell you that is the following: “I am sorry but the money we've charge is none refundable." I think that this company needs to be checked by government officials and be fined for undelivered services or they should refund the money back to the consumers.

• Wi
      13th of Aug, 2008
    Intelius.com - Unauthorized monthly subscription
    Intellius.com
    Kaneohe
    Hawaii
    Phone: 808-236-2950
    www.intellius.com

I discovered a $19.95 subscription fee from Intellius.com which I have not enrolled. This is an unauthorized charge from my credit card.

13th of Aug, 2008
    Intellius.com - asked to remove my name from site
    Intellius.com
    www.intellius.com

To whom it may concern: said company intellius withdrew money from my bank account, unauthorized.
    Thank-you for your attention to this matter.

30th of Aug, 2008

I also just discovered two charges including an unauthorized subscription charge on my credit card. How do these people get access to credit card numbers? How many are there of us?

3rd of Sep, 2008

how do i get my money back an how do i cancel

27th of Sep, 2008

I think when you get these many complaints against a company the government should do something about it.This kind of information being distributed to anyone for a few bucks no wonder there is so much identify fraud out there and I wonder if the government is behind some of it.

• Do
      22nd of Oct, 2008

Another 19.95 charge has been taken from my bank account. If this happens again, the better bureau will be notitied. I had better receive a credit onmy account for 42.85. I have authorized by bank to no longer honor your debits.

Dottie smith

• Wi
      23rd of Oct, 2008
    Intellius.com - asked to remove my name from site
    intellius
    Washington
    intellius.com

i used intellius for a phone number for 2.99 and now they have charged my credit card for a subscription i didn't order

• Da
      31st of Oct, 2008

I never agreed to sign up for 'Identity Protect' services, yet my credit card has been billed $19.95 per month for the past 3 consecutive months. I only used their service in August for a total charge of $15.27
    in an attempt to locate an old hih school buddy with negitive results.

• Ro
      5th of Nov, 2008

I paid for one telephone number search that was unsuccessful. I had no need nor any intention
    to request any other service from Intellius. I have now had credit charges of $19.95
    for four months of non-service. I deserve to have those charges refunded to my credit card.

• Pa
      12th of Nov, 2008
    Intelius.com - unauthorized monthly billing
    Appalachian Diagnostic Imaging, PC
    2929 Slate Creek Road
    Grundy
    Virginia
    Phone: 276 935 1364

I used the Intellius service for what I thought was a one time charge of 19.95 and never agreed to a monthly subscription. My account has been billed 19.95 monthly for the last 6 months and can not stop it.

• De
      17th of Nov, 2008

same thing happened to me today.

• Wh
      18th of Nov, 2008

me too! im about to rip them a new one!

• Mp
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Same thing happened to me, I noticed a 19.95 charge to my credit card after using their service one time. I never authorized any "identity protect" service either. I called my credit card company and filed a dispute and luckily they took the charges off.

24th of Mar, 2009

Same here. Call 1-800-211-9749

7th of Apr, 2009

I tried the 95 cent 24hour trial. Three days later I found out that I was being charged $19.95 for a subscription that I never authorized. This is a scam and I want my money back!

28th of Apr, 2009

I have learned to never buy anything online. THIS COMPANY IS TOTALLY BOGUS, USELESS, AND WHY ARE THEY STILL ARE IN BUSINESS? WHERE DOES THE LAW COME IN? DOESN'T AMERICA HAVE LAWS THAT PROTECT CITIZENS AGAINST THIS KIND OF THEFT?

DISGUSTING! Our representives may think this is chump change but to us 'little people' these scam artists are stealing our grocery & bill money. I am disgusted! [censored] them!!!---Jacquie Bockius Yuba City, CA

28th of Aug, 2009

I used Intellius to see some one and paid the .95 charge and then cancelled within my 7 day trial period, and the next week they charged my account $19.95 any way, and then tried to tell me I cancelled on the 7th day and that the money was non-refundable. This company is a crooked company and should be expelled from the internet business line.

Jamie Williams
    V.C. Kansas

• Sl
      21st of Sep, 2009

I also used for a reverse phone lookup and know I declined a protection plan. However, 20 days later a 19.95 charge showed up. I called; they said "it is clear that with the .99 option for the lookup it automatically enrolls you and you have 7 days to cancel." It was NOT clear; on the second screen when the information appeared I declined that program...and they still charged it. They wouldn't take it off; I cancelled and will strongly advise against using this company unless you want the monthly service.

• Bm
      25th of Sep, 2009
    Intelius.com - fraudulent charges to my credit card for credit monitoring service I did not order
    Intellius

WHAT A SCAM. I signed up for a 24-hour Pass service for a one time charge of $19.95 and the company also charged me an additional $14.95 for a monitoring service I did not order. I tried to get a hold of the company to find out why they charged a service to my card that I did not order and it took 3 days of diligent calling to reach them. When I did, they said they will "cancel" the service and refund my money. 21 days later I still had not been credited.

I called again and got a service rep who told me my account was cancelled but that there was no notes about refunding my money and since "I signed up for it" (I didn't know I had the monitoring service until was charged for it) they were not going to refund my money. When I tried to explain that I have had a monitoring service for years and would have NEVER signed up for theirs, I was mysteriously "disconnected."

I am livid and am registering a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. UNBELIEVABLE.

The 24- hr pass service I DID signed up for was a complete waste of money, the information was out of date and contained less information than I found just by doing a Google search for FREE.
    SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.