Indane LPG / security threat - gas leakage

1 India Review updated:

We are the domestic gas customer of Indane since last 12 years. The connection is under the name of my father Dilip Kumar Saha and the consumer number is 8981/A. We are served by the dealer Chirantani Gas Agency, Bangur Avenue, Dum Dum Kolkata.

On 10th June we realized that the cylinder is not getting off at all. Appreciating the threat to our security, we immediately contacted the dealer and requested for correction. Based on his advice, we disconnected the regulator and took it to him for an inspection. Inspecting the same, he found that the regulator is working fine and it has to be a problem with the particular cylinder. He nominated the delivery person to come and rectify the same. However, the delivery person after inspecting the same has refused to replace the cylinder or take any corrective action and advised us to live with the problem till the cylinder is not exhausted.

This is a repeat occurrence of such incidence in last few months and it is extremely disheartening to get such a treatment from a organization like Indian Oil compromising the safety and security of the citizens.

Comments

• Pp
      28th of Jun, 2007

I am a customer Indane LPG and stays at New Bombay. My consumer number is 1660. Now a days there is inordinate delay in getting the gas cylinders on booking. I booked for the gas cylinder about 20 days back and on booking it was informed that it will be delivered within 2 days. Since it was not delivered after 5 days called them again and they informed that they are sending it on that day itself but nothing happened. After 2 days again contacted them again they are stating that they are sending it. It is going on and nothing is happening and till date I have not received gas cylinder.

P. P. Valsan.

• Bi
      18th of Sep, 2007

I am a customer Indane LPG and stays at Residenc complex , Ministry of External Affairs, Dwarka Sector 2, Plot no. My consumer number is D 11717. This is the third time I have received only 12 KG gas instead of 14.2. kg. I have told several time about the matter to the local distributor which is Rajapur at Dearka. Today on 18/09/07 When I received the cylinder that was only 27.8 KG with cylinder instead of 30.2 KG. When I told the man who served the cylinder that it is underweight ,he suddenlly changed my cylinder which was 30.2 Kg. After that I told the local authority at Rajapuri they told it will not happen in future. But it is third time which have occurd with me.

I shall grateful if you kindly take necessary action at your end.
    Thanks
    Bidhan

• Su
      26th of Sep, 2007

I am a customer of Indane LPG and linving at 1 Dhapa Road, Calcutta 700105. my Distributor name is Cargo Distributors. My consumer number is 10668. from last 4 - 5 month i face a lot of problem to receive a gas cylinder due to abnormal delay. I booked for the gas cylinder about 19 days (on 7th Sept 07) back and till date (26th Sept 07) I have not received. 3 days ago When I call the distributors they told that we have sent it and when we asked to vendor he told me that he has yet to received the booking from dealer. Exactly I don't know what is the problem. Today when I again contacted them again they are stating that they are sending it. It is going on and nothing is happening and till date I have not received gas cylinder.

23rd of Jan, 2008

I am a customer of inane LPG and living at Palam colony New Delhi 110045.
    My distributor name is Gouri Enterprises .Tel no 011 25363464.
    Palam New Delhi 110045.

My consumer no is 21016A.

I would like to bring your kind notice now days the distributor was UN necessary delayDelivery of gas cylinders.
    Recently I have face the same. I am waiting lpg form 8/9 days

So many clls they response and commit today but I cant received yet.
    Please look the matter and resolved the problems

Thanks

• Pr
      27th of Feb, 2008

I am client o Indane since 2005. Presently am registere to agent Chiorodeep in Dumdum Park, Kolkata-55 for last 20 months.
    consumer no.-20873.
    I am disguste with the attitude of the staff. They initially never accpte my application for the secon cylinder. After much heated iscussion finally they accepted it on 05.12.2007 with registration no.458017.
    But I have never been able to learn what is my staning in terms of gettiong the connection. They never comes out with clear list so that one knows when he is getting it, or even if he gets it at all.

In the mean time with single cyliner, we can not manage the things propoerly. Last time we had to hand over the cylinder yet to be empty to get a fully reille cylinder. This time we are running a kitchen without a gas cylinder.

On top of that the staff always shower us with unnecessary advices on different aspects of house keeping!

Being a doctor in government meical college, I seldom find time to meet the office staff personally in ofice hours and whenever I took timemout of my schedule to meet them, it was mostly wasted.

expecting a better client oriented service

dr.-p.ghosh