Indane Gas Cylinder / non response in emergency!

I am customer of Indian Oil and in possession of Indane Gas. My distributor for Gas Cylinder is M/s Santosh Gas Service, D/100, Kamdhenu Complex, Inside Panjara Pole, Polytechnic, Ahmedabad-380015, Gujarat, India.

Today(02.04.07) when I tried to replace my new cylinder with old cylinder(as it was exhausted) we observed some leakage in new cylinder. We desperately tried to contact all the phone numbers of our distributor, the emergency numbers given in the Cash Memo,customer service center of Indian Oil but regret no one could be contacted. This is our routine experience that though we are talking big about customer services but in this kind of matters where high risk is involved,the customers are left on their own fate and no body is available to attend the complaint. (Forget about the solving the complaint) We are paying our hard earned money for the services as well as we are becoming victims because as & when govt. wants,they increase the rates but service level is extremely poor.

Is anybody there to look at my complaint for poor services what we customers are getting. Are there any ears where our complaints will be listened? I do not know what will be fate of my this complaint note too because MERA BHARAT MAHAN.

Shailesh Vaishnav
Customer No.SN 5645
Ahmedabad, India.

A  8th of Oct, 2007 by
Sailesh, Hi,

Hope you understand Indian Oil is a government monopoly business. The Distributors has no incentive for satisfying you. Because, unsatisfied customers must also depend on Distributor's will.

There's two way to look at it. Either ask the government to make it a free market and allow many retailer to sell LPG cylinder. Else switch to any private service provider.

You can certainly move to Consumers Forum on negligence of crucial service.
A  10th of Nov, 2007 by
Yes, I do agree to it, fully, as I am facing the same problem in Gwalior, but no one there to hear my complaint.
A  11th of Nov, 2007 by
Yes, I extremely agree with the problem given above, as I have also encountered the same problem here in Delhi. Its so hard to contact any of the given numbers of corporation,and even if you catch hold of one there is no response. What keeps our good old corporation employees so busy that they don't even have time to answer it's consumer's call.
N  23rd of Jan, 2008 by
Dear sir,

my consumer no:11498 for lpg gas booking to indian oil,

ref: very poor service
i booked gas cycilender on 23/01/2008 to shubhlaxmi indane gas at bopal-ahmedbabd.they refused to book the gas cylinder.whenever i booked the cylinder they replay that your cylinder will deliver within 4 to 5 dayes but after eight days of booking they not deliverd cylinder and after eight dayes when i phoned then they will reply that your cylinder will deliver within four to five days.my cylinder
was delivered on 28/12/2007 when i booked it before ten dayes. if there is a rule of booking cylinder not before twenty one days ? then deler should mention my booking number with date & time on retail invoice because i received my last cylinder on 28/12/2007 then why they are not booked cylinder on 23/01/2008?

other things that my old gas booking agency was santosh gas but without informe me they change to
shubhlaxmi indane which is more then ten kilometer from my residance so i can not go personally and book the cylinder.even your ioc customer service cell phone number is written on retail invoce was not correct and no replay from that phone number so how can i complain ?
please do needfull help to me.
please also mail youe customer service cell phone number at ahmedabad office.

thanking you,
bakul mistry
N  8th of Apr, 2008 by
Ashokbhai P. Sabhagchandani,
E-mail:ashokj6@yahoo.com & ashokj6@gmail.com
Customer No.7156
Dealer Name: Uday Gas Agency, P.O.Krishnagar, Saijpur, Ahmedabad.
J-6, Shyamal Apartment,
A Ward, Kubernagar,
Date:-8th April, 2008.

Subject:- Not receiving Gas Refill in time.

Respected Sir(s),

I have Indane Company Gas Connection. My service No. is 7156, at Uday Gas Agency, P.O.Krishnagar, Saijpur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat State.
I am not receiving Gas cylinder in time. Last Calendar year I have received only 10 refill Cylinders. This year on 26th February, 2008 I have booked the refill, after 15 days i.e. 13th March, 2008 I have received Gas Cylinder. On 1st April, 2008 I have booked refill, Udya Gas Agency, refused to book refill, they are telling that from the date of deliver of last Gas Cylinder, from that date count 21 days means 13th March 2008 + 21 days. On 5th April, 2008 I go to the company and booked the refill on 5th April, 2008. Gas Agency's authority persons are telling that I will get Gas Cylinder after 20th April, 2008. Because from 26th Feb., 2008 I have got Gas Cylinder on 13th March, 2008 means after booking the refill Uday Gas Agency takes 15 days to deliver the Gas Cylinder. From the deliver of gas cylinder Uday Gas Agency takes minimum 21 days for next booking the refill. After booking of refill, Company again takes 15 days for the delivery of Gas Refill. Total days become 15+21+15=51 days. Means every customer is getting refill after 50 days so it is not good administration for Domestic Gas Connection. Pl. helps us and guide us how we will get gas cylinder within 25-35 days.
Thanking you,
Your faithfully,
Ashok P. Sabhagchandani,
Cell No.09825660013.
N  8th of Aug, 2008 by
No one is picking up telephone call to lodge a request for refill.

My consumer no: 18160.
addres: 145c, ag1 block, vikaspuri, new delhi

Following tel no were tried.: 011-28544965 / 28547187

I'm triyng since morning. some times busy otherwise no response.
N  11th of Sep, 2008 by
I am customer of Indian Oil and in possession of Indane Gas. My distributor for Gas Cylinder is M/s Sarthi Gas Agency. No. 11950 on the name of my father, Mr. R.D.Dave.
Address: Mr. R.D.Dave, 142, Taranga Hill Society, Giriraj No. 1, Nr. Arjun Ashram, Chandlodia, Ahmedabad.
I filled a complaint of leakage to agency 4 days back. But till date afternoon there was no responce to the same, & whenever tried to connect the Agency phone no's, are engaged or not lifted by any body. Today after noon i reminded the agency & came to a surprise reply that the complaint was not at all lodged on that day and now it is done so a person from agency will come. As the person came to house and my wife had attended him. He saw the cylinder and said it is almost empty and may work for another 4-5 days only and this cannot be sorted out. If it would have been a new/fresh filled cylinder then it is of use. So, better forget. Later he diverted the attention to the pipe which is been used and said to replace with new one and told to purchase the same. As she rejected to accept and purchase the pipe suggested, he wrote a message in his ledger that customer has refused to accept and took her sign.
IF that person coming for complaint solution doesn’t have any responsibility for the on-going gas supply from the cylinder?
He is just bound to attend only new/fresh filled cylinder?
He didnt even bother to see what sort of problem it is and continuously repeated the sentence that it going to be empty and there is no solution. If the Answer is valid? or the Leakage in Cylinder should be kept in the house?
The Lady Executives sitting at phone booking system do not have any seriousness to give instruction for such an urgent requirement of complaint?
Are they Agency people & Company people waiting for some accident to happen?
Are we not paying for the services? & whether the gas is for 4 – 5 days.. it costs. Don’t they?
Vipul Dave-9898010212
D  3rd of Oct, 2008 by
I cannot connect the regulator with the new Cylinder full of Gas . It is very URGENT to sort it out

Contact - 9830448750 / 033 23582138
N  3rd of Oct, 2008 by

Contact - 9830448750 / 033 23582138
N  27th of Sep, 2009 by
All govt departments are shitholes full of ###s.
N  2nd of Sep, 2010 by
i have booked a cylinder on 29 august, which was not yet recieved.booking no is 3.

Indane / Indian Oil Corporation Logo Indane / Indian Oil Corporation