Idearc Media / Verizon Yellow Pages / misprinted ad

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Ever since Idearc Media started printing the Verizon Phone listings the problems started. Idearc misprinted my business phone number. The number they published turned out to be a non-working number. I lost 80% of my business. Idearc offered no apology and little resolution. Their resolution was a 15% compensation of the advertising bill and $250 toward an enhanced add the next year. In the mean time with an 80% drop in revenue in a very competitive business they expect me to pay my annual bill of $25, 000.00.
A more productive and professional response would be something like,
lets all cut our losses and work on getting both our businesses and reputations back on track. This would be the direction any small business owner would take. No wonder Idearc is in Chapter 11.

Ha

Comments

• At
      20th of May, 2009

I can not comprehend that a business can expect to be compensated for such negligence. Accountability? Have they heard of proofreaders????? What business are they in??? Isn't this what they do????

I have had a similar experience, although not quite as costly. I signed up for superpage advertising via a phone solicitor. Although their own third party verification tape clearly identifies our company name, they listed us as another name.

We started receiving mail to our address with an almost fictitious sounding name. The mail was discarded as junk mail. We did not receive the contract due to the fact that it was also sent to this fictitious sounding name and that it was from Idearc and not superpages as we would have thought. We were months into this advertising before we noticed the problem.

Our business was listed correctly for 1 out of the four months of which I am more than willing to pay for. It seems that it is standard protocol to offer a 25% credit for the misspelling of the name. The billing reps can not seem to think outside the box or they do not have permission to do so and can not connect you with anyone who does. The name was not simply misspelled, it was not even close to our actual business name. I am not and will not pay for their negligence and neither should you.

I think as small business owners, we know what it takes to stay in business...customer service needs to come first or we have no business. Why is this "Big corporation" any different? They have no problem sticking it to the small business owners, yet they are "restructuring" their company by filing Chapter 11 and seeking to renege on legitimate debts incurred by Idearc themselves. It is no wonder that we as a country are in such a sad state of affairs with companies like this behind the wheel.

• Id
      2nd of Jun, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Cr
      8th of Dec, 2009

I am sorry to inform you that Idearc is the same company as Verizon Information Services & GTE.
    I speak from experience because I am a former employee and I lived through all of the changing of the guards.
    The unfortunate thing is that it has gotten worst.
    If you want to know the truth about it the reason they became Idearc is because Verizon Corp didn't want to be associated with them anymore because of their bad business practices. They couldn't fine a buyer so the kick them out of the family to stand on their own.
    They are the worst company I ever worked for in my life. They remind me of Enron.
    Can't wait til they bust hell wide open.