ICICI Bank Ltd / harassment and inconvenience caused by icici bank!

1 India Review updated:

I have a savings account with Mira Road Branch. My father who passed away on 4th Feb 2001, possessed a credit card of ICICI Bank. On 15-Dec-2006 (approximately 6 years after my father's death) my above account account was debited by Rs. 18,934.

When I contacted ICICI Bank helpline on 15-Dec-2006, savings bank account department asked me to contact credit card department. Credit card department told me that the payment wasn’t reflected in the credit card account, and I was asked to contact them next day.

I called ICICI bank helpline again on 16-Dec-2006 and spoke to a Customer Service Manager Mr Ketan Raul. Ketan gave me phone numbers of Collection Department managers and asked me to contact them (numbers given to me were: [protected] of Bhavin Parekh and [protected] of Pavan Laddha).

After continuously trying the numbers of collection team for two hours after speaking to Ketan Raul (9:30 - 11:30), I was unable to get through. So I contacted Ketan again to ask if there was any other way around to get in touch with Collection team. But Ketan avoided my call twice.

Meanwhile, I spoke to another manager named Priyanka Kokitkar. She assured me that she will get in touch with the collection team and let me know the status by afternoon.

When I didn’t get any call till the evening so I contacted ICICI bank helpline again and spoke to another manager named Piyush Rathore. He refused to take any responsibility. So I had to speak to his manager Mr Amit Shah.

Amit told me all this happened because it was a Saturday and he will get in touch with the collections team on Monday 18-Dec-2006 and give me solution on Monday evening latest. But I didn’t get any call from anyone and I have been trying their numbers all day long continuously.

ICICI bank stole money from my account for the credit card which doesn’t belong to me. Nobody takes any responsibility of their actions, leave alone giving explanation or intimating me before debiting my own account.

Comments

• Pr
      26th of Mar, 2007

Contact Banking Ombudsman. They will help you.

• Su
      2nd of Jul, 2007
    ICICI Bank - Harassment and inconvenience caused by ICICI Bank!
    India

This compliant I would like to aware all the consumer applied for the credit card with ICICI Bank. This is the incidence happened with me. And I want to Share with you all.

1. I December 2006 I received the call from ICICI Bank branch stating that I will get the free credit card from there bank because I had home loan from ICICI Bank and I regularly paid all the installment in time. After continuously receiving the call 3/4 days. I agree to fill up the form. Then the caller said the company representative will come and fill up the form & collect the document. But fortunately the representative not turns up to me to fill up the form. Then one day I meet an agent of the ICICI bank dealing with the credit card. I fill up the complete form and submitted all supporting documents.

In supporting document I submitted Electricity Bill for residence proof, pan card Photo ID Proof, My ICICI bank transaction slip for further verification but after submission of the entire document they rejected my application form because of some confidential reason. As per the manager’s explanation.

2. Then in the month of February I again I applied for the credit card in this month also I received the call from the bank itself and this time I am able to meet the company representative. Again I fill up the form this time company representative told me that your all document verification is already done. You received the call from the company itself so you need not to submit all the document but till I have given him all supporting document required ie PAN card Xerox, electricity bill Xerox, and salary slip Xerox. This time also the company rejected my application again for the confidential report. These are the two incidences happened with me. I want told you that both the time I applied after getting the calls from the bank itself. Then also in first application the I am able to know that the bank was not able to cross check the my residential address though I had given my ICICI bank transaction slip (which means that I had the saving account with the ICICI bank. Though the address is same for the application and the saving account.)

With all this thing I am not able to know If the bank is not giving the credit card to the consumer like me then why they harassed the consumer by making the call and saying that They are eligible for the credit card. This I am writing now because again I received the call from bank itself for the free credit card.

• Ra
      1st of Nov, 2007

Many of the DSA (Direct Selling Agents) call people and claim to be calling from the bank. They say the card is pre-approved with a credit limit of xx lacs etc. etc. These people are not bank employees are just agents. Many people fall for this (I did too) and later complain that if the card was pre-approved, why was it rejected. Well, my card was not rejected but it had a credit limit of 13000 though I was told it would be 3 lacs. I promptly cancelled the card. Another DSA called me a later claiming to be calling from the bank and said there was a pre-approved titanium card in my name. When I asked him for his ICICI Bank employee number and official e-mail address, he hung up.

24th of Nov, 2008

One month ago i submit a request of cheque book with a slip provided in cheque book at nehru place branch and they ensure me to send it in 4 to 5 days but still now i can't receive any cheque book... it's very urgent for me so pls take a serious or necessary action in this regard.

rgds