Hyundai East Rand / new grand i10

1 Boksburg East Rand, South Africa

I bought a brand new Grand i10 from Hyundai East Rand in Feb this year.

3 Months thereafter I picked up a problem with the Fuel Estimate that the car shows, but nothing wrong with the actual gauge. Took the car in, and they reset the control panel. Probably about a month or two thereafter, same story. Took the car back & asked them to make sure that they don't reset it again as we now know it doesn't work & it takes about a month or two to jump/malfunction again.

When I picked up the car, the job card read "Reset Control Panel". Spoke to the Workshop Manager & Service Manager asking them whether they actually contacted their Technical Team to which they answered "No". Told them it could be the cluster or fuel sender unit that was faulty after they said they have never heard of anything like it before. They then agreed to take the car again for tests, asked for a picture of my slip with my next refeul as well as a picture of the estimate.

After "tests" they confirmed that it was the cluster that was faulty as per the technical team & that they actually have several cases thereof all around. They then said they will order the parts to fix it. Came back and told me the New Fuel Sender unit has arrived, I questioned it as it was already said that the Cluster was faulty so why not just fix the problem, but it was said that the technical team insisted they change the Fuel Sender Unit first.

So they changed the fuel sender unit. A month later (14 Nov) the same issue occured. I contacted the workshop manager who didnt respond until I requested feedback again after 2 days. He then asked whether the car was completely empty when I refueled to which I responded it was not, the gauge needle was lying between empty and the first (1/4) line.

He never came back to me thereafter. I phoned the Dealer Principal, who never came back to me. Then received a call from another manager who asked me what the problem was. After explaining he said that he wasn't technical, but he will sort it out and get back to me. It is now a week later & they still havent contacted me.

I honestly feel like going to the branch and leaving the key on the reception table. I am sick and tired of running after Hyundai and never getting anything sorted. So much for a brand new car and a 7 year warranty - it means nothing if your service is up to crap!!

Ch