Huntington Bank / the worst huntingtom branch

Huntington bank
1251 East Beltline n.e.
Grand Rapids
I want to start by saying that over all I really like Huntington bank, but there is one branch on the East Beltline in Grand Rapids that wins the award for the worst bank branch in the world. I dont have a acct. there but my wife does so sometimes she writes me a check and i will cash it. All the other branches have given me perfect customer service. I have been in the east beltline branch 15 time and 15 times they gave me a hard time. the last time i was cashing a check there from my wife, they said i needed 2 id's, ok, today i took 2 id's and the spent 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to cash it. they verified my wifes signature, my passport and dl. then they wanted to call her. fine but she didnt answer. sorry we cant cash it. wtf! they see me making deposits there every week! I think it must go back to the branch manager! managers hire people like themselves. i predict this branch will close if they dont replace the managers and employees. i know if they gave me a hard time 15 times in a row, that is for sure happening to others.. i will not waste my time at that branch ever again.

A  20th of Jan, 2010 by
Huntington stinks as a bank. They do NOT give customer service. I finally closed all of my accounts and took the money to First State bank. They consistantly have great service. The tellers and desk staff at Huntington look at customers as some sort of prey. I do not like to be hounded to open other products every time I go into the bank to conduct business. They are so sales driven, they have forgotten how to do basic service. I would ask simple basic questions, even to the manager, and she would not know the answer or would respond "I think it may be this..." Don't think, either know it or check on it. Anyway, go to First State or maybe a credit union if you want good service.

Huntington Bank Logo Huntington Bank