Humana Prescription Drug Insurance / numerous problems with all aspects of contact

Do not choose humana perscription drug insurance — unfortunately I did. My premiums and copays went up by 50% just three months into my plan. (Bait and switch??) their customer service people are poorly trained at best and rude at worst. They sent me a letter denying coverage for a drug I had never heard of nor was ever perscribed for me! Tried to say I hadn't paid premiums even after they had a copy of the cancelled checks from my bank showing they had cashed them well in advance of the due date. My pharmacist just cringes when the name humana is mentioned. They are a problem all the way around.

A  6th of Jun, 2009 by
After huge increases in fees I phoned Humana last year during the annual election period and said I was canceling my policy. They suggested that I also inform Social Security, which I did by phone. When they kept billing me I phoned them again and they said they needed it in writing, which they had not told me before. I sent in the form in writing with a letter saying I had previously cancelled by phone. They they cancelled the policy but said I owed them for the first quarter of the next year. I mailed them a protest letter and they advised me my protest was overruled as they had no record of my call, and I still owed them the money. I got a letter from a collection agency. I would never do business with them again!

Humana Logo Humana