HSBC Sony Store Card / charges

United States Review updated:
poor buyer
A bunch of filthy thieves - I just don't know how the system allows this kind of practices in the US. I'm just dissapointed that companies like sony associate themselves with these mobsters. I guess it's all about $$$.

I have an hsbc sony card that I used to buy a $2k laptop. It came with no interest for 12 or 18 months so it seemed like a good idea at the time. I paid 1500 off within the first six months and had a 500 balance left. Never used the card for anything else, the minimum payment was always zero so I didn't worry about it. Just to check the balance a few days ago and see that they decided to add 500 to my existing balance!!! Finance charges because I didn't pay it in full before the promotion ended. It's probably somewhere in small print on some document they sent...

I think it's just theft but there's not much I can do so BEWARE.

N  31st of Jan, 2009 by
Never use 'BEST BUY" credit cards alias HSBC collection. I purchased over three thousand dollars for a new computer, editing software, portable drive, wireless mouse and keyboard all at once. The clerk said I could get an additional 10% off if I opened a Best Buy Business account which I did. After waiting two months for the editing software to be shipped I was forced to go to My local Apple store and pay full retail. I canceled the order for the software and paid off the entire balance due, with the exception of the undelivered software which was now canceled.

Long story short HSBC Demanded I pay the $280 for the software even though they never delivered it. After monthly billings with compounding interest and HSBC destroying my credit rating they finally "wrote me off"
as unpaid. Now my credit is in limbo for the next 5 years according to their letter. And people wonder who destroyed the credit market.
N  9th of Mar, 2009 by
they are lame, i called to cancel my car, but they wouldn't cancel it. they gave me the address to write the letter to, but they couldn't confirm the address that i have for them on my credit report.

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings