HSBC Credit Card / unwillingness to settle the account

India Review updated:
I have a credit card of hsbc. I had been making my payments on time till I got transferred. I informed my change in address to call center but I did not receive any statements for 4 months.in the meantime I was constantly following up at call center.in the meantime hsbc did not send me any statement and started charging late fees to which I objected as I had a right to information before paying my bills. now I wish to finally settle my account but hsbc is again lingering to take payment from me and constantly changing statements. I am willing to pay anytime in a single shot to hsbc. I am fed up with the way these guys are working!!

A  9th of Dec, 2006 by
I am also facing the same problem. Did anyone have settlement from HSBC credit card anytime?
D  12th of Mar, 2007 by
I have heard this many times and I have the same answer. If you have a credit card or any other loan, you know that there is a payment due every month.

It makes no difference if you receive a statement or not, you know if you don't make a payment it will of course effect your credit report and will also result in late fees.

If you want to dispute charges, fine, but still make the payment that you know will be due.

Well how do you know what to pay without a statement??? Not making a payment because you did not receive a statement is an excuse for "passing the buck" on your responsibilities. Even if it is the first payment!! It is your credit, be accountable.

HSBC is wrong for not sending you statements but you should have handled it by paying then disputing...you tried to make a point to them but hurt your credit in the process.

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings