HSBC Bank / locked out my money for 1 year

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I phoned HSBC to find out why my cash ISA is not letting me transfer funds from my personal account. So I end up talking to someone who said they would sort this out for me.

Next thing I know they have locked 3k into a Fixed Rate Saver account which I cannot access for 1 year. Then they open up a Fixed rate ISA fro 3, 600.

With the current crappy interest rates not worth me doing this. and what right does HSBC bank have in taken my money out from the instant saver account where can access at anytime.

As unemployed I am now going to struggle as my savings now locked away for 1 year. Can I do anything, no said HSBC as they say read their terms and conditions! Simply put this is theft! Don´t bank with HSBC you have been warned!

Just to add a customer services guy from HSBC phones me up saying "How is my banking going..." well guess what my reply to him was!

Za

Comments

• Ar
      26th of Aug, 2011

Dear Bank,

I am facing the one problem with your HSBC Bank that I have one credit card of your bank from last one year.

On 24th Aug’11 I was called your customer care for EMI process and your banker was told me that it is very simple please parches any time and called us for EMI process we will do the same.

My Card no this 4476 9299 8052 2160 I was purchased one mobile of Rs. 10, 000/- and I want to be a EMI process but your banker is not able to do the same.

This is not the first time I am facing the problem with bank.

Please have look into this or call me on my cell 9873335894