HSBC Auto Finance / shadie pay off of auto loan

United States Review updated:
4.4
I just paid off my auto loan with HSBC auto finance. I paid off the amount ,a little over 15k,that was stated in their billing statement. I have never been late with a payment. I then get a bill from them for $104 and it is due in of all things it is due in 01/05/2010! I called had a heck of a time finding out what this is about.Basically they didn't know themselfs at first, them a supervisor said it was for amertised interest, because the pay off amount was only good for 30 days or so and they got the payment from me 2 days after the pay off was good for. Whats up with that kind of ethics, I pay off a 15k debt,never late and they charge me $104.00. As to the $104.00 bill being due in 2010, there was no explanation at all, they did say it had nothing to do with the pay off of the loan and I would receive my clear title. All I have to say is, HSBC I better receive it! I would recommend that no one use this finance company, their treatment of customers is, if nothing else, quite shadie!

Comments

Au
  29th of Jul, 2009
There is this thing called daily interest, the payoff you sent in was probably your balance owed, not the Payoff amount. The payoff amount would include the interest accrued from the last day you had made a payment until the day the payoff is received.! Per you contract!!!
Cr
  17th of Nov, 2009
You should of payed before the 30 payoff. You had to pay 2 days interest. Its your own fault!!
Lo
  19th of Nov, 2009
Can any one get a hold of a real person there. What number do you have to dial to get somone to talk to you.
Ad
  16th of Mar, 2010
800-418-1888 press 1 for english, then 3, then 0, then 0. But did you not check your mail a few months ago? Or the hsbcautoloans.com website??? HSBC Auto Finance EXITED the auto finance industry in the US.

Santander bought out their portfolio and will now be servicing your loan.

HSBC Holdings Logo HSBC Holdings