H&R Block / taxes prep wrong!!! peace of mind is crap!

1 Morehead City, NC, United States

STAY AWAY from H&R Block if you don't you will owe fees, penalties and charges because they do taxes wrong!!! forget the peace of mind option because even when it is their fault they do not pay as promised. I had my taxes done in 2005 and the tax preparer stated I could write off some work expenses. When I showed her what I had as proof she stated it was fine. Well I received a letter from the IRS in Oct of 2007 asking me to submit that proof. When I did the IRS stated it was NOT good enough and charged me $2000 even though it was the prepareres fault. Pece of mind was denied and that was because they were not putting in the proper information concerning the claim. I have been trying to have someone help me and everyone ignores my calles and no one helps me including the district manager Donna Caswell who stated she would handle it. Well it is now Oct 2008 and I still have heard from no one my complaint and issue is still pending andI got a bill from the state of NC with what I owe them due to their errors which will cost me another 1400.00. I contacted the corporate office who has opened a claim and it has been a run around with them as well. They contacted the district manager in my area who was told to contact me to handle this issue and that was over a month ago. STAY AWAY!!! or else you too will have these problems. I know 2 other people that are having the same issues in different areas where HR Blcok ignores and could care less about the tax issues they caused.