Hp - Laptop / will not stand by warranty

1 Fremont, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1 866 684 3620

i boughta hp laptop model kw065ua in octber of 09.on the 5th of may 09 while useing it starding getting hot and started smoking.i called hp teck was told it still had 288 days left on warranty.they sent me a box to return it to califorina.the recived it on may 6th. on may the 8th they called and wonted $762.57 to replace it they said it was out of warranty.because something had been spilled on it.i know that is not true.was told that was finail and the was sending laptop back

Comments

• Ge
      4th of Jun, 2009

HP and their computers are the subject of several class actions. See www.classadvocate.com. Good luck.

3rd of Oct, 2009
    Hp - Laptop - Extension of Warranty
    HP
    India

I purchased HP Laptop in Aug.2008. I was asked by HP to get the warranty extended this year. I paid for the 2 year extension online. The warranty was extended for 1.5 years though the payment was made by me for 2 year extension.
    Their office in Bangalore, India says that as per their database the date of purchase is March, 2008 so the warranty will expire in March, 2011. I sent the copy of invoice but they are not responding now.
    How can I escalate this matter to the highest level in HP ? Is there any concept of CUSTOMER CARE in HP ?

• Al
      5th of Oct, 2009

Are you in USA or outside of USA? If inside, contact BBB seek assistance. or write letters to the company directly

18th of Jun, 2010
    hp lap top - repair took 2 months
    hp
    California

I have sent my lap top for repair 2 months ago, and still no news no email no call!