HP / hp sell package systems that is not compatible!

United States Review updated:
I just bought and returned a brand new desktop hp computer at my local best buy store. the hp printer provided did not work because it was not supported with the proper driver with the vista system. i lost over $120.00 on the return from best buy because of nonreturnable software and setup costs. this is a sham, my next complaint is going to be with the attorney generals office. how can a company sell a package system that is not compatible!?

N  3rd of Apr, 2008 by
I will NEVER BUY any HP Product ever again!!! The service is the worse I have ever seen. BAIT AND SWITCH!! I was "tricked" twice! HP repaired my nearly new computer, sent the wrong one back to me, and was broken on top of it, the case manager promised me a new computer that was slightly higher in upgrades then mine, and upon recieving it, it wasnt nearly what I had originally started with... BAIT AND SWITCH! DID NOT KEEP THEIR WORD!!! I lost two months of using my computer, paid for two months of internet service that could not be used. I paid $1, 600 for my new computer, and they replaced it with a computer that was valued only at nearly $800!!! BUYERS BEWARE, perhaps, Dell, Apple, Sony or any other may be a better choice!
A  24th of Apr, 2008 by
The problems with HP printers outweigh any benefit from the technology to develop, to begin with the price gouging on inkjet cartridges is problem enough. However, I have recently purchased a new PC with Avista operating system in which my HP 7650 is not compatible. After wasting several hours in attempting to find a software fix for the compatibility issue I was unsuccessful. It is easier to throw the 7650 in the garbage purchase another printer without compatibility issues and more cost effective to use.
N  14th of May, 2008 by
I purchase three HP systems in December, 2006. I upgraded each system to include a 19 inch monitor, model VS19d.

The first monitor failed in February, 2008 - 2 months out of warrantee. The second and third monitors both failed in May, 2008 - 5 months out of the warrantee period.

These monitors obviously had a manufacturing defect or used substandard parts. No one at HP cares in the least. They seem to think a year is a normal span of time for a monitor to last. I spoke to customer service, tech support, sales, a higher level of sales, and finally to a Quality Case Manager (that was the biggest joke of all). I was seeking a 50% discount on two monitors. I stupidly replaced the first one with another HP monitor thinking the monitor failure was a fluke.

The major line they had was "if it is out of warrantee, you are out of luck". Actually, they would be the ones out of luck, because I spent more than $6k on computer equipment with them, and they will never see another dime from me.

After searching the Internet, I found 10 other people at one site with the same issue with the same model of monitor.

I will be replacing my monitor with Acers which have a three year warrantee and sell for a reasonable price of less than $200.

I'm so done with HP.
D  22nd of Aug, 2008 by
i purchased hp laptop (dv2214tu) supported by windows vista home premium from a retailer in roorkee.
i am very disappointed that hp sold me a product in which the recovery partition was corrupt.
i am unable to run a recovery in my laptop.i also visited the service centre within warranty period but he could not find a suitable recovery disc to run recovery.
i would like you to send me appropriate recovery discs or any other alternative solution to the problem.

my address is:
ROORKEE -247667
D  14th of Sep, 2008 by
I purchased a HP Photosmart C4290 in December of last year and was to receive a promotional digital photo frame.
It has now been 9 months and i still not have reveived this item.
After ringing the Promotional helpline several times they were of no use. Some would say it has been sent out to you already and others would say im sorry they were sent back becuase they were faulty. Well i finally spoke to a Team Leader (Norma) Who apologised and said she would get back to me at the end of the week. 2 Months passed by and no phone or no photo frame.
I have since rung back and got the same dam message we have no ETA on this product. Im sorry but that is just not good enough. If you cannot offer this product DO NOT PROMOTE IT!
The service manager was meant to ring me back according to Norma in about 15 minutes. Well its been 1 full day and no phone call.
Im sick of this run around and want some assistance or a resolution to this NOW!
A  8th of Oct, 2008 by
HP ..Has done NOTHING but rip me off!! I have had this product for 5 years, and yes its worked fine..but when "THEY"decide you need to give them money for what ever reason??? They shut off your PC & printer even though they where bought at different times . I had HP charge me 49.95 three tines, untill I blew up and called and demanded to speak to a person IN-CHARGE ..."That spoke plain English" ..Yes thats right.. all you get in costumer support in a bunch of over sea's bull grap half ### english speaking idiots telling you to pay more money for your product to work!! I well NEVER use HP again. Im shopping for a new PC.. My advise to all others is avoid HP products!
A  5th of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I so agree. MY HP is a piece of you know what and the HP repair people never read what the tech tell them needs replaced they send it back not working.
I so want another working computer i want them to make this right they should send me a new computer. I got a real lemon I know that happens but fix it!
Stand behind your product it will be to your advantage. As I have a big mouth and I will tell anyone whom will listen do not buy HP. I have documentation to prove all that i am complaining about !
A  1st of Jul, 2009 by
I ordered a custom made HP laptop in 2006. When I ordered the computer I had 512 MB of RAM put in. I have had trouble with this computer from the moment I took it out of the box. This is the slowest computer - it took between 20-45 minutes just for the start up. I have been so incredibly frustrated with my computer for the last three years. I just passed it off that I should've paid more for a better computer.

Someone told me to buy more memory and put it in to see if that would help. My IT guy opened it up to install another 512 MB memory card. When he opened up the computer - there was only 256 MB of RAM in the computer. There was also scotch tape on the inside - just stuck to the inside of the computer, partially on and partially flapping around in there.

I ordered 512 MB of RAM and my computer came to me with 256 MB. I called HP support and first she laughed at me when I told her my problem. As the conversation progressed she ended up yelling at me and telling me that it was my fault that I didn't check the RAM when I got the computer. She said there was nothing she could do eventhough I paid for more than what I received.

I have always been an HP fan - but the company has now completely lost any trust I had in them. To tell me it was my fault that my computer came incomplete is completely out of line. I HIGHLY recommend using another company... Unless you feel like opening your computer right when you get it to make sure you are receiving what you ordered.
A  1st of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
HP will never get another dime from me -- junk products and horrible service and even worse -- nasty attitude.
A  16th of Nov, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bought a HP laptop that came with the wrong ac adapter. I didn't notice for a long time but now my battery won't work. I checked the HP website and yep its the wrong adapter. So I when I called them they said "well that one is not the right one and it wont charge your computer as fast but its our default adapter." Which, by the way, is a cheaper adapter on their website. So now according to the "tech support" guy they sent me to, they wont replace it or the battery that it screwed up even though it is the wrong one. HP has pathetic customer service and wont even fix their own mistakes.
A  29th of Mar, 2015 by
Every HP multifunction device I have ever owned is a pain in the - you know what. It is such a hassle to just print. The software sucks, it causes me way too much time just to print with ease (ALWAYS AN ISSUE). I WILL NEVER, EVER, BUY AN HP MFD EVER AGAIN! HELLO BROTHER, OR OTHER. NOT YOU HP. BLECK!

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
1501 Page Mill Rd. MS 1247