Hotmail / stolen email account

My email account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to locate a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. I have called the FBI and was told to contact my local police dept. and the police dept. told me they did not have the facilities to handle Internet problems.

They told me to contact the nearest KBI Office and I did. Their Investigator was out of the office until next week.

They told me to call the Attorney General's Office. He was out too.

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in London and for them to send money, $2, 200 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

I cannot even find a place that I can alert other victims to the Scam that got me.

After much searching over days, I finally found this site and even it may not do me any good, maybe it might help someone else.

The Scam that got me was purported to be from "Hotmail". It said something to the fact that they were up-dating the program and in order to keep from deleting my account, they needed my email data so they could make sure that my account would not be deleted with the other "defunct" accounts.

I gave them the information and the next day when I tried to access my email no matter what I did, I could not get into my email.

Then my cousin called me to find out what was going on and told me she had received an email and its contents.

I, imediately contacted the few people whose email address I knew - to alert them.

There needs to be a place that people can contact to be able to report email scams. Most of the suggestions from Hotmail's information told me to log into my account and go to the help tab, but if your email account is gone, how can you do that? As well as to report the scam and show the proof that disappeared with your email account.

Va

Comments

• Ra
      21st of Nov, 2008

my hotmail been hacked even the secret answer... and my facebook so everything is personal now is being exposed... i really dono how to act cant sent to hotmail from anywhere... i'v sent to facbook admins maybe they would help..

20th of May, 2009

my email account has been hacked into & im unable to access it.
    what can i do

20th of May, 2009

my email account has been hyjacked im unable to access it
    can you please advise

30th of May, 2009

sir, my Account / saqib_gulzar2@hotmail.com has been hyjacked since long time even i can't open /access it, or some one useing my account, please help me out regarding this and reply me

Thanks & Regards
    Saqib Gulzar
    New e mail
    sgy_ch@hotmail.com

• As
      31st of May, 2009

Dear Sirs,
    I have received the below email and I wonder is that true
    Please reply to me as oon as possible on scomsa@hotmail.com
    Thanks and regards
    Ashraf

"This is Tara and John, the directors of MSN. We would like to sincerely apologize for the interruption, but msn is closing down. We know many of these messages have been sent out lately, and that they wouldn't be true. However, this one is in fact true, and it will occur soon.
    MSN will begin to charge you money soon. This is due to the fact that too many inconsiderate people are taking up all the names (ie. making up lots of different accounts for just one person). Therefore, we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. We would not reccommend this, because if in the future you'd like to use MSN, and you don't send this message on, you will be CHARGED to use MSN monthly. If you would like to keep your account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. As we said this before, this is no joke, and we will be shutting down the servers. Please send it on. We do not want to be receiving phone calls stating that your MSN will not open, or that you are being charged for using it - because this will be your fauly for not sending it on. The estimated cost for MSN monthly will be about ten dollars CAN.
    SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. NOW YOU
    KNOW WHAT TO DO.
    ATTENTION. In case you believed this is yet another of those 'prank' MSN shut down emails, go to:
    http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 1/hi/business/ 1189119.stm
    Once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts, your msn icon will become blue.

Regards,
    Tara and John
    (Directors and Operators of MSN.com, Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail, etc)"

• Du
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I stopped using my hotmail address about a year ago, but kept it opened and checked it every now and then to make sure that if someone was trying to reach me, I could give them my new address. About a month ago, everyone on my mailing list received an e-mail from "me" inviting them to purchase electronics etc. I contacted everyone who got the e-mail, but they said they all knew it wasn't from me because the grammar was so poor (!!!). So I tried to complain to MSN and I received an e-mail from them basically stating that they had no responsibility (the e-mail was also full of poor grammar, by the way). I canceled my account, but now a 2nd and 3rd round of e-mails from that hotmail address is showing up.
    I sent a "test" e-mail to that supposedly defunct address and received a "vacation" reply. I have no idea what else to do -- when I tried to submit a complaint to the feds internet crimes division, it crashed my computer, so I'm not going to try that again.
    I am very frustrated.

• So
      17th of Sep, 2009

Thats 3 messages sent to all my contacts in 3 days. I also can't find anyway of reporting these idiots.

www.somethingdesigner.co.uk
    www.somethingsensual.co.uk
    www.somethingfancy.co.uk

• Fi
      12th of Oct, 2009

Dear Sir,
    This is Saleem, My hotmail account was stolen and I cannot find any place to report it. I have tried to open a hotmail complaint or contact address and I have not been able to find one. this is my stolen hotmail.fse.arabia@hotmail.com.and passward is fsearabia.
    sir pls send your comments on my new email id how to open our company hotmail. saleemfse@gmail.com

• Gi
      24th of Nov, 2009

My email account giovanni_cuad@hotmail.com was stolen and used to send out a message as in your example, from London, , asking for money. I would like to have the account canceled to stop the attempted extortion. My regular email is----johncarre@yahoo.com Thanks for your resolution to the problem, , , John

• Gi
      24th of Nov, 2009

My giovanni_cuad@hotmail.com was stolen and is beingused for extortion. I would llike that email account closed to prevent theextortion. Thank you, John Carre

• Th
      16th of Jan, 2010

hacked and missused my e- mail account. my e-mail a/c is vithayathiltom @hotmail.com

• Be
      25th of Jan, 2010

My email account was hacked into as well, this guy uses my contacts to send his sales pitch to my friends, then steals their contacts and so forth. What can be done about this?
    In this case none of the email addresses are mine, the "to":r-eddy@hotmail.com, is not my email, but also hotmail. I keep putting all of them into blocked sender, as none of the virus programmes seem to be abel to stop it.
    But since he is using hotmail: yyweoh@hotmail.com, maybe hotmail could cancel his free account???
    This is the email:

Hey SECOND‏
    From: Mubarak Jaber (ss20_2007@hotmail.com)
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
    Sent: Monday, 25 January 2010 11:43:10 PM
    To: r-eddy@hotmail.com

Honorable sir or ms:
    I would like to introduce you a very good company, it can offer you all kinds of electronic products that you may be in need, such as laptops, gps, TV, LCD, cell phones, ps3, MP3/4, motorcycles, etc. There must be something interesting you'd like to purchase .
    website: yyweoh.com
    Email: yyweoh@188.com
    MSN: yyweoh@hotmail.com
    Thank you and best regards.

• Mo
      24th of Feb, 2010

my e- mail mawad76@hotmail.com stolen. I cannot access it please help

• Mo
      24th of Feb, 2010

my e-mail acc mawad76@hotmail.com stolen Messages sent demanding money please close it immediately

• Ra
      7th of Mar, 2010

My hotmail account rainydzy@hotmail.com has just been stolen/hacked as well. They changed everything, my security question and password. They are sending emails requesting money from my contacts.
    I can't find any contact information for hotmail.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    thanks,
    Rainy

• Za
      10th of Mar, 2010

My Hotmail account (zahid_hussain444@hotmail.com) has been stolen, I forgotten my pets name even my alternate account ( z_hassan444@hotmail.com ) has stolen. Please my both account give me back from that guy.
    Please can U contect me at this email address zhzahidhussain@gmail.com.

Regard.
    Zahid Hussain

23rd of Mar, 2010

I think that hotmail should have a section where you can send complaints, cause it would really help them and help us. Right now my msn is saying i'm offline but i signed in, and i can't find any where on how to get it normal, so if you read this hotmail please put a section where we can put our complaints.

1st of Apr, 2010

My email has been hacked for the 2nd time in 6 months. The information I had provided was spposedly to Microsoft so they could update my hotmail account. I need to know how to get back into my email account because I need my contact list plus some valuable stored information. I can't seem to get anyone to hear me or help me. I had contacted our Attorney General's Office and they would not help me. The other recommended sources would not help me either.

Sally Burt
    new email account sally.burt@hotmail.com

• Ka
      2nd of Apr, 2010

ebagsshopcn.com sent e-mails to everyone on my my list

• St
      12th of Apr, 2010

My email ID : aditya.impex@live.com
    India

My family and friends are getting emails saying that "I" am stranded in Malsia and for them to send money, $2, 000 by Western Union so I can come home. I have no way of contacting some of them as my only contact was by email and all their addresses went with the stolen account.

Iam not finding any place to comlaint and get the e-mail back, if anybody can help me, please reply adityaimpex2007@gmail.com

Regards,