Honda Activa / SELF START PROBLEM
This is to bring to your kind notice that for my ACTIVA, I had purchased an Exide battery on 12th Aug 08 The battery was alright for initial 3-4 months but then the self start problem started to occur in ACTIVA . We got the battery checked from the retailer to trace the fault. The battery was declared to be without any fault by the Exide office. The battery worked properly for another one and a half month after being charged by the Company.
When the same problem persisted then we approached ESS ELL Motors (your distributor in Dehradun). They checked the battery and told that both the charger and the battery are at fault and both needed to be changed. Thereby we bought a new charger from ESS ELL Motors.[ESS ELL INVOICE NO 09IW00537 dated 18-04-09] . As battery was under the warranty period, we gave it to Exide. The battery was again checked and was certified to be OK.
Again the same problem regarding the self start in ACTIVA started. We approached ESS ELL Motors for inspection of problem. They told that there is a Carbon on contacts and cleaned it. After that it worked OK for a few days and then the problem started again. And again on contacting ESS ELL, the ACTIVA was serviced and a certificate was given ensuring that the vehicle is not at fault.[INVOICE NO 09IW07156 DATED 16-07-09]
After a few days of servicing the same problem persists even today. Now I am not willing to approach Exide retailer as we are afraid that by this time battery might have got damaged due to non removal of fault .Further, if we replace a new battery, due to negligence on your distributor, the new one may also run out of power.
I would be very grateful to you if could kindly look in this matter.
84, SHAKTI-VIHAR, MAJRA
More Honda Activa Complaints & Reviews
- Hero Honda Pleasure - starting problem 
- Honda Activa - Self Start and Starting Problem 
- Honda Mini Tiller / Cultivator - their CRAP 
- Hero Honda - Poor service! 
- Honda Jazz - having to buy new door locks on five year old car 
- Honda Motor - 2015 honda fit - pre-owned
- Honda Motor - to japan general manager of honda locomotives
- Honda Motor - knocking noises in gear conversion
- Honda Motor - general services
- Honda Motor - honda saudi arabia's dealer rejected my car.