Home Depot Forked River / dewalt dk299m2

Forked River, NJ, United States

Poor performance
Visited the Forked River NJ store on 10/29
Returns associate contacted tool dept. . The associate came over and immediately commented "what did you drop this in" she further commented that it looks pretty used for being a year old. She also commented that the box and bag looked brand new. I took this as an inference that I was trying to commit fraud.
The final result was that I had to contact HD about the protection plan I had purchased. I then returned home and proceeded to do just that. They informed me that I would have to call Dewalt as the tool was still under man. Warranty. I proceeded to call dewalt and they informed me that they had no service centers in my area. I then asked for a supervisor and was told it would take 24-48 hours to be contacted. I then contacted HD protection plan and spoke with Susan who was very helpful.
My problem is not resolved but she tried. The point I'd like to make is this. I have always liked shopping at the HD due to the ease of customer service and willingness to fix the problem. It appears this culture is gone if you look at my credit card account last 4 digits 6597 you will see a balance of 0 or close to it. This is because I have begun making my tool purchases with Amazon. This is due to incidences like this. Sad to say HD and dewalt will more than likely lose my business.

Li