Having problems with Home Depot?

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

Complaints & Reviews

Home Depot — you can do it and we can screw it up

On June 24, 2008 I special ordered two types of tile which were recommended as a set from Home Depot. The...

Home Depotstay away

On May 30, 2008 I went to Home Depot for carpet installation estimate. I was told that I have to pay $35 for measurement, I thought that was fair so I paid the $35. It took a week for the estimator to come and measure the house and a few more days to get the measurement to Home Depot. They did not have the carpet in stock, I was told that it will be there in a week, so I went ahead and paid for the carpet, padding, installation, etc. Although I paid for the measurement, they won't give me a copy of the layout. Three weeks later, they finally got the carpet but nobody called me, I had to come to the store to check. I was promised that someone will call me in a couple of days. The installer called me 4 days later, telling me that he can't install the carpet for another 18 days (July 28, 2008)! I started the process 2 months ago and I don't have my carpet yet, and who knows what else comes up during the installation, if it ever gets installed! I tried to cancel, but I was told I will have to pay a 15% re-stocking charge. This is ridiculous - I won't wish this on anyone and won't recommend Home Depot Carpet Installation.

• Mo
      Mom in CT Nov 06, 2008

I cannot believe it! This is my experience almost exactly. They show up to install the carpet and new padding, but didn't know that they were supposed to take up the old carpet and padding and cart it away! This was of course, discussed with the initial order. When we call about it, the manager is clueless. We told him that we both called about the old carpeting being glued down. He says there is not note of it and we have to be charged a additional $380. "So what, " I say. "What is $380 when we're paying $2, 000 for the carpet anyway?" What idiots! We also wanted to install wood flooring in the kitchen, which has vinyl flooring. They couldn't even tell what kind of wood we had in the rest of the house in order to match it. When I called wood flooring store and found out that the manager of the Homedepot had him put in her flooring! Homedepot wasn't good enough for her! We had bought a box of ceramic tile that had the wrong color sticker. Our installer didn't notice because the color was so subtle. I did though. Homedepot took no responsibility for their error. They railroaded us for days, and we finally just gave up and covered that section of bathroom tile with a cabinet. What a sham!!! Buyer beware!!!

Home Depot 0349 — home depot failed to do what they said

Tax Refund Problem on June 23, 2008 Receipt # [protected] & #[protected] On the morning of June 23, 2008 I...

Home Depot Store #6336 — unauthorized charge

On March 10, 2008, I ordered a new 16KW Home Standby Generator from the Palm Bay, Florida Home Depot Store...

Hampton Bay — terrible experience

We bought a large remote controlled Hampton Bay ceiling fan four years ago, and we have not been able to get...

Eastchester

Home Depot — failing organization

Home Depot was a well run organization when it first hit the scene. It has now become another large company...

Home Depotbogus gift card

Three weeks ago, I purchased a new Maytag washing machine from Home Depot. At that time, there was a Maytag-sponsored promotion (funded by Home Depot) in which rebates in the form of Home Depot gift cards would be sent to buyers who made qualifying purchases of select models. The amounts were from $25 up to $250, depending on model.
    I made the purchase (the gift card, by the way, was not one of the factors, by the way), submitted the rebate request online, and received the $25 Home Depot gift card a few days ago.

Today, I went to Home Depot to get a few items and attempted to pay for the purchase with the gift card. The total amount of the purchase was $21. The gift card was rejected.

According to the cashier, there was no available balance on it. Even a call to the store manager couldn't get the thing to work -- despite the fact that the sticker covering the PIN had been removed BY THE CASHIER, so they KNOW I hadn't used it before this. The cashier said I needed to contact the issuer of the card (which is ridiculous because it's issued by HOME DEPOT).

I tried to call the customer service number listed on the letter that had carried the card, but all it is is a "status" number -- there is no support for complaints or inquiries.

• Pr
        Proofer5 Feb 19, 2014

This does not surprise me. Had this happen with $100 gift card I gave friend as wedding present. Luckily I had receipt & spent hours resolving at the store when he tried to use it & it showed 0 balance. Very embarrassing. Husband just left local Home Depot less than an hour ago & tried to use $25 gift card our son gave us several years ago that we have never used. Shows 0 balance so they rejected. We've never used card. I always cut up card after use or place receipt with card if I have used it partially and have any remaining balance. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HOME DEPOT GIFT CARD & will ask all my children to avoid purchasing same in the future. Total rip offs. You can go to their site & check balance, but if they never loaded the correct amount to the card to begin with, when initially activated, zero will always remain zero...bunch of ###s.

Home Depot — Terrible experience

Some time ago I received a home appliance catalog from a Home Depot affiliate. At that time I hand delivered...

Home Depotfalse information

I filled out an application for a charge account under my business name at the Home Depot in Broomfield, Colorado. At the time, the salesperson told me that my personal credit would not be checked, that only the bank information for the company would be verified. They ran a credit check under my name, which caused a refinance on my home to have issues. The manager refused to do anything about it.

Home Depot — bad floor installation

(Product Name: Brazilian Cherry wood flooring (SKU 372-250)and installation) Defects in wood floor purchased...

Home Depot — Carpet sales/install

Went to Home Depot to have carpet/tile installed in my home. First of all, I could not get service in the...

Home Depotnon-delivery!

My husband bought me a new oven that I'd been sorely needing. Delivery was set for the following Saturday. Friday night we got a confirmation call for delivery between 10:30 and 2:30 'tomorrow'. Saturday morning the phone rang. Someone asked if it would be ok to reschedule our delivery to another day. I said no, my husband had taken days off of work to remove the old double oven and stove top and prepare the area for the new appliance. The woman tried to negotiate a new date/delivery time to which I said no. She said she'd call me back and hung up. 2:30 came and went so we called the number given to us for delivery questions. It was then that we found out that our delivery had been rescheduled to *next* Saturday. We went to the store where the stove was purchased and spoke to a salesman in that department. He said that several other people were upset, too. (That makes it all better - why?) A truck had broken down and the subcontracted delivery company was having problems. The salesman said it's not Home Depot's fault, it's the delivery company's fault - Home Depot can't do anything. So we asked for the manager. The manager said the same thing. It's not within Home Depot's control to make sure of delivery, but they sure happily took our money! When we asked that they call the delivery company and have them find a way to get our stove to us, the salesman and manager walked away and huddled before making a phone call. Ten minutes later the salesman found us and told us there would be no deliveries over the weekend. He told us to call the store manager on Monday. Meanwhile, we have no oven or stove and are living with a torn up kitchen in total disarray.

The Home Depotthey've repackaged/resold a drill kit without a drill

Home Depot regularly reseals used and returned merchandise without inspecting the contents of the packaging. Then they sell it again as if it were new.

I just got scammed by Home Depot when I bought a repackaged SKil cordless drill kit drill kit that was missing the drill. When I brought it back with the receipt, they laughed at me and said they wouldn't do anything about it.

There were at least 10 other people in line complaining about the same scams. There is no chance I will ever walk into another Home Depot. If you don't have another shopping choice like Lowes your area, Be Sure to Open and Check All your packages in the store before you leave.

Repackaging used merchandise and selling it as new with missing or broken components is a regular practice at all Home Depots.

• Te
              Texan Jul 23, 2008

I was told by store employees that illegal aliens were purchasing items, keeping what they want and returning the rest. Weeks later I myself saw a guy trying to return elect. wiring, using 20% and returing the rest for full refund. Employee caught him. The guy after him was trying to return the old part that he had replaced with the new one on the receipt.
              She said that they are doing it all of the time. She said packages like your's with lots of components are prime. Then the next honest guy comes along and buys it and gets short changed like you did. Depot knows very well that this is going on.
              I watched a guy stealing parts out of a light fixture. I told but no one cared. The next guy who buys that light fixture will have missing parts.
              Employee at the store said that the illegals are comming in groups and opening a box with 5 or 6 different power tools and each one of them walks out of the store with a tool and the box is found later in the store empty. She said that even if they see them leaving with the power tool, they are not allowed to stop them because they might get sued. ---Thats what she said!!

Hampton Baytwo lights stopped working

I purchased the hamponbaysolar lights2years ago' they worked fine until a couple weeks ago.4 of the lighs work fine. I took the batteries out of the ones that didn't work anput the batteries into the good lights and they worked.I thought mabe the bulbs went bad, so I went out to home depot to see if they had replacement parts and they said the only thing they carry are the batteries. But the batteries are good.I was wondering if I could get the lile board with the light on. please reply. The other 4 are good and I really would like all6 working, because they really light up my walkway

(386038)model number
            Sara cline

• Fu
                fustrated one Oct 25, 2009

this is the worst product you could ever purchas, I have already took them back to home depo three times. please don't purchase this product, Hampton bay solar lights.

Home Depot Southington Ct, Meriden Wtby Road — truck rental

I rented a truck to take junk to the bulky waste center in town and told the Home Depot employee the purpose...

Home Depot Credit Cardharassment!

My parents have a Home Depot Credit Card and are late on a payment. The representatives call the house everyday before 9am which is illegal not to mention harassment.

• Jm
                  j.m. Aug 20, 2008

Its not illegal. They can start calling at 8 a.m.

• Mi
                  michelle Oct 14, 2008

The solution is to have an unlisted or cell # and never give it out to creditors, instead front end the number with ring central, if they are abusive you block them by number. Callers who dont provide caller ID can be forced to voicemail only and the can be forced to identify thier number in order to leave a voicemail. You can control the time of day people call the number Plus you can set things up to ring your number when they call you, its all rules based. Very flexible. You can even login to your account so that they phone is called, then yours and they only see your ring central called id info. So you private phone number never gets on thier list.

• Pi
                  Pissed Off at Home Depot Apr 06, 2010

Home Depot Credit Card Sucks! We had a credit on our account... Which vanished. They are theives! I will only shop at Lowes now. I hope Home Depot goes out of business. Google "Home Depot Complaints" There are a ton of them! Buyer beware

Home Depot / Kraftmaid — substandard cabinets

I am writing this post in attempts of resolving an ongoing and seemingly endless issue and hopefully spare...

Home Depotdelivery issues!

I am a builder in NYC and I am finishing up on an 8 family building. A few months back, a gentleman from Home Depot commercial sales approached me and made the world of promises, well I should have been skeptical, because I was the one to pay the price. Home Depot has basically cost me 40% more than what I would have paid the regular competition. I will NEVER do business with them again. It is their lack of responsibility and coordination with the deliveries.

I have lost a tremendous amount of time and salary to pay employees to sit in front of the job site to unload a ghost delivery truck, because it never shows up. It is always a situation where everyone pins the responsibility on each other, and I personally get fed up after it gets so redundant.

In my professional diagnosis, I would say that Home Depot has demonstrated that they are not a company to be trusted, they have a tremendous neglect for customer needs, and therefore, us builders, as consumers, we should not do business with them.

Nelson Nigel.

• De
                    Delicious0608 Jun 30, 2015

I purchased a refrigerator on Friday June 26, 2015 at the Bronx terminal market and I was given a delivery date of June 30, 2015 because the item was on back order. I was unable to get a time frame from the associate at the store for the delivery but was told that I would get it on that date and that I would receive a call the day before for the delivery time frame. Sure enough I did get that automated call saying it wil be delivered on June 30th between the hours of 10:30am and 2:30pm. I made arrangements for that day from work to be home for delivery. On June 30 I am waiting and waiting for the delivery, at 4:00pm I decide to give them a call at [protected] when a nasty customer service female representative picks up and tells me that the delivery was received late the day before and I should have gotten a phone to let me know. Well the automated machine tells you not to call that they will contact you!! Do you think they called? No. Then she says they are going to schedule a delivery for the following Tuesday. What? If I am buying a refrigerator is because mine is not working! Can't wait until next Tuesday. She puts me on hold and left me speaking by myself. Horrible customer service I will not recommend homedepot or buy anything else from them on the phone with the store of purchase and was put on hold after giving the customer service rep my order number. So far I have been on hold for 35min.

Home Depot — home depot accuses me of theft

This is a story of how the failure to listen costs a business its customer's trust. I custom-ordered a...

Home Depot?talx.commail fraud

blatantly falsified documents to avoid paying unemployment compensation..then mailed the falsified documents via USPS constituting mail fraud......real nice people skills huh...