Home Depot / return policy rejection

I purchased a low voltage transformer for $40.32 five years ago to replace one that wasn't working properly. After tinkering around with the old,it started to work. Rather then bring back the new transformer to the Depot for a refund I kept it as a spare. The original finally went out and I replaced it. The "new" one was defective and useless. Home Depot wouldn't take it for exchange because of its age. The unit was in the original box, pristine and I had the original receipt. It was obvious to management that it was never used. The excuse that it was "old" doesn't "fly" with me and I don't believe it to be a reason to reject my claim..

Comments

• Pa
      20th of Jul, 2007
    Home Depot - The web site lies to you

I went on line and the products they advertise are not what they sell!!! The stores tell me different product is sold. here is what the site address i was looking at if you want to check this out and call the store. They will tell you that that is not sold anymore.

• Ro
      18th of Jan, 2008

I went to purchase a new maytag dishwasher at my local HD in Danvers Massachusetts,The salesman seemed knowledgable and was a gentleman.
    I was surprised to hear that HD did not stock appliances there,but would set up delivery to which I would be charegs and then be elidgable through a rebate to get my delivery money back after filling out the forms.There was a great emphasis put on the condition of the unit when delivered and much written info on this issue as well,I was also informed that I could negotiate a "Deal" with the delivery truck should the product come damaged.Well in fact the unit was in pieces and the driver asked me if he could open the packing on the truck which surprised me.He said it would be easier.The front control unit was hanging off and cracked.I am still waiting to have my purchase refunded after three weeks and I must say that I went to Lowes and bought another dishwasher and was afforded the opurtunity to inspect on site to make sure it was in perfect condition,which it was.
    I must wonder ,but not accuse HD of having a system of getting rid of damaged appliance where so much emphasis was put on the condition of the unit and the abilty of negotiaing a "Deal" with the driver ??
    I would definealty not reccomend shopping this way.

• Gl
      2nd of Jul, 2008
    Home Depot - Slow leak behind fridge
    22477 burcham dr
    oakmas
    Michigan
    Phone: 517 349 7835
    www.homedepot.com

Well, they redid the kitchen and behind the fridge they used a piece of plastic so there was a slow leak and it ruined my floors. They did the installation, they did the work i paid for it to be done right and now my house is ruined.

• Ka
      15th of Jul, 2008

I work at home depot at the service desk and I've seen a lot of returns in my day.
    The reason they can't take it back isn't just because it's "old, " it doesn't matter if it's used or not. If something was bought that long ago, there is no way they can return it if it has been zeroed out of the system. They might not carry it anymore, therefore making it impossible to take it out of the inevntory for a return..People try to return things that are not of file all the time, and we usually have to tell them "no" if the item they bought has exceeded the 30day or 90 day period.

It does say in large font on every receipt that the Home Depot has the right to limit or deny returns and that the policy is 30days or 90days depending on the store. A lot of stores have stricter policies, in comparison, Home Depot is pretty lax, because we do allow returns without a recipet for store credit if the item is found to still be listed in inventory (aka the item is still on file and hasn't been discontinued)

20th of Sep, 2008

I work at Home Depot and people need to learn we offer refunds as a service to customers we have the right to deny any refund. I truly believe that Home Depot has one of the most lax returns policy.

• Pa
      25th of Feb, 2009
    Home Depot - Rebate problem
    Home Depot

I was supposed to get a $500 rebate from The Home Depot for a kitchen remodel. It has been now 120 days since the rebate has been submitted. This time is unacceptable. They keep saying the rebate company went out of business. Time frame is unacceptable.

• Ci
      20th of May, 2009
    Home Depot - trying to get finanace on paid in full bill
    home depot credit ser
    the lakes
    Nevada
    Phone: 8006770232

I paid my bill in full my due date was may 3rd 2009. The money was posted april 30th 2009. They sent me a bill for 29.76 for a finance charge. I did call them and they tryed to say that the bill was for reaccruded finance charges. The reason was not lagit. The manager said he would credit the finance charge but I still think they were just trying to see if they could get extra cash from me.

11th of Jul, 2009
    Home Depot - Consumer beware
    homedepot.com

I had asked for a payoff amount on my home depot charge. Paid it off in full then received another bill where all the interest was not calculated and increased the interest rate to 29.99 percent they bank with CITIbank.HomeDepot states they do not have a system to use to give you the accrued interest charges at pay off. this is called PREDITORY PRACTICES GOOD RIDDENS HOME DEPOT AND CITIBANK. CONSUMER BEWARE

• Sc
      7th of Dec, 2009
    Home Depot - Spoiled products
    homedepot.com

I shop at the Ammon, Idaho Wal Mart store at three times a week. I spend hundreds of dollars in there. For the past 2 months the milk and dairy products have been spoiled. The meat has also been spoiled. The frozen food selection has been down to nothing to choose from, and alot of shelves are empty. I hate to go somewhere else when the store is so close and the work personal are so friendly, but I can not afford to keep throwing food away.

15th of Feb, 2010
    Home Depot - Raised my APR from 22% to 26% after me asking to lower it
    homedepot.com

You would think with economy as it is and the many companies going out of business that they would appreciate their customers, this screwed up company called HOMEDEPOT put my APR from 22% to 26% after me asking to please lower it, instead they raised it. My husband called and they lowered his, but refused to lower mine.

24th of Feb, 2010
    Home Depot - Check Acceptance
    Washington

I wanted to pay by check at the Home Depot, but the cashier refused to accept my check. I've never been rejected by the Home Depot before, I wonder why they changed.

• Nu
      1st of Apr, 2010
    Home Depot - No more shopping at Home Depot for me and my family
    homedepot.com

The Nashville Gay Pride website notes that Home Depot contributed more than $5, 000 to help finance the 2009 festival. The retailer also participated by conducting children's craft workshops at a special booth set up for them. The company has sponsored similar children's venues at pro-homosexual events in Atlanta, Kansas City, Durham, Portland, and San Diego.NO MORE SHOPPING AT HOME DEPOT FOR ME AND MY FAMILY...

• Fe
      10th of Apr, 2010
    Home Depot - Husky Power Pressure 3000 psi
    California
    jfernandezinc66@yahoo.com

sorry, the complaint is for HOME DEPOT and not Jose Fernandez Inc.

HOME Depot in Bakersfield was of no help in trying to help me find a replacement Hose for the Husky 3000 psi.

• Ti
      12th of Apr, 2010

This is Tinzley with Home Depot Customer; I can help you get a replacement hose. Can you send an email to tinzley_care@homedepot.com? I will then provide you with manufacture information.

Atlanta GA 30339

• Ey
      13th of Apr, 2010
    Home Depot - Home Depot support has crashed my computer twice
    homedepot.com

Home Depot support has crashed my computer twice (two out of three scheduled services). I would never recommend their tech support to anyone. My brand new HP computer is unusable, especially since I didn't get any restoration software with it when they sold it to me. You stopped me from starting my online business!

• Um
      21st of Apr, 2010
    Home Depot - Terrible ad agency
    homedepot.com

Every time I hear your rap ad it is one more time I will buy at Lowes and hopefully one day closed your ad agency is to unemployment.

• Er
      2nd of Jun, 2010
    Home Depot - The customer service I got just stunk
    homedepot.com

On Wednesday March 3rd I visited the Home Depost on Pickett Road in Fairfax City.The customer service I got just stunk. No one was in any of the dept. I needed to be in. When I did get someone to help they did not know what I was talking about. All I needed was a plug in electric light for a out sidebulb..I bought it the next day at Lowes.

• Gl
      9th of Jun, 2010
    Home Depot - They charged me $22.00 for their own mistake
    homedepot.com

They charged me $22.00 "Late Charge" on a "No interest - no payment" item (expires 7/10) because they made a mistake on my bill. I have spent a lot of money there, and plan to build a garage and screened porch, but now will never step foot in HD again. Lowes is almost next door.

15th of Jun, 2010

Guessing this is for Office Depot as Home Depot doesn't sell or repair computers.

Daniel
    Social Media Resolution Expeditor
    Atlanta, GA 30339

Daniel_Care@HomeDepot.com

15th of Jun, 2010

Hello Glenzzo,

Sorry for the trouble. As Home Depot is not a banking institution, The Home Depot credit card is actually owned and managed by CitiBank. We do not have access into their systems, however, I do have an escalation path I can utilize as an advocate for our customers.

Please email me at daniel_care@homedepot.com with your name, address, phone number, and the last four digits of your card along with any further information you would like to add. In the mean time, I have submitted a complaint on your behalf against CitiBank in our internal system that we use to track customer concerns.

Daniel