Home Depot / customer service

1 dBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

I was in line for 45 min! When I got to the checkout the lady told me that I wrote the wrong #'s down for a code on the wire I cut. The problem is I didn't cut it and I didn't write the code down. Another employee from the store did. I had to go back and find the correct code and stand in line again! Terrible service! ...Then again when i got to the checkout they forgot to put the wire in the bag. When I got home I was furrious! I called and nobody knew nothing. I went down and talked to the manager where he pretty much gave me a new wire and that was it. I feel like he didn't do anything special to make me want to shop there again. What a joke! I just sent them a letter using www.complaintsmailed.com that should arrive on their steps soon. I hope they listen to the letter! The last one i sent to the airlines worked well.

Mi

Comments

• Ss
      24th of Jun, 2009

Customer Service, I went in to a Home Depot Store on my lunch break to look for a refrigerator, there was 2 employees talking and telling stories, not once did they ask if they could help me, Home Depot mails lots of special discount coupons out but they give no customer service when you get to the store, no problem Lowes sold me what I needed

• Ho
      1st of Jul, 2009

My name is Michael from The Home Depot customer care department; I am new to this site and just read your post about the lack of customer service that you received. We have recently made several changes to our customer service and I am so sorry that we fell short in your instance. I have contacted the store and have made them aware of what had happened. If I can be of any help to you, please feel free to contact me directly. Again, we are sorry we let you down.

Michael
    Customer Care
    The Home Depot
    Atlanta, GA
    information@homedepot.com

• Fr
      9th of Jan, 2010

My husband and I just purchased a new home. We spent over $14, 000. at home depot. I wrote a check for our carpet installation. Because of a mishap with my bank, they sent the check back, but it was reissued and cleared. One month later, my accout was charged by a company "TRS Recovery" who presented a check to my account with drawing $25.00! What! I am out raged!!! Who are these people! They said that they represented Home Depot. What? Are You that petty? Home Depot got every penny plus thousands from us! For now on your compititors will get our business. That is bad business Home Depot.
    Out Rage Former Customer,
    Francine Gadson
    francinesellshomes@yahoo.com

• Jk
      4th of Apr, 2010

Today I visited the Home Depot in Corona Store #6665. I had over $300.00 worth of Inground Sprinkler merchandise in my cart. I went back to gardening and was interested in some pavers for my backyard project -- I need about 1800 units and about 50 units of another type of paver -- value over $500.00 I tried talking to the person who claimed to be the store Manager Joseph Mcaqs -- I tried several different ways to explain to him that I wanted to look into ordering the pavers from their store. He was extremely arrogant and basically really didn't care what I wanted. He told me what the process was and how many people I needed to talk to and was not interested in assisting me. He made it very clear if I wanted them I had to come into the store between 8 AM and 5 PM to go to the job desk -- I tried several times to explain to this arrogant idiot that like the average person I worked at a real job from 8 - 5 and was not able to come in -- he made it clear that if I wanted them I would have to come in when it was convenient for the store not me. So I walked out -- told him I no longer wanted the merchandise in the cart and vowed never to return to Home Depot -- trying to do business with Home Depot is a nightmare. Over $1000.000 worth of business walked out of that store that day. I guess HD really doesn’t care about its potential customers – they are too busy running them off.

24th of Jun, 2011

see commens above

24th of Jun, 2011

I have tried unsucessfully I might add to send an email to express GOOD service I received from one of your sales persons. On June 14, 2011, I was in the Home Depot in Oxon Hill, MD and I needed assistance in finding a 65W Flourex Replacement Bulb. One of your sales clerks named Jermanie is the one who assisted me in trying to locate the bulb. I was truly impressed with his professionalism and determined attitude to me find what I was looking for. Unfortunately, Home Depot does not carry the particular bulb I was looking for. Nevertheless, Jermanie continued to find out if he could locate the bulb at another store. He got on the Internet and found a list of other stores that carried the bulb I was looking for. He was polite and did not hesitate to go that extra mile in rendering good customer service.
    To be honest with you, I rarely shop at Home Depot because of the terrible customer service I have received in the past. But my husband who is visually impaired suggested I try Home Depot to see if they sold the bulb. I really did not want to go there, but we really need the bulb. Jermanie has given me a little more faith in Home Depot and because of the manner in wish he serviced me, I might begin to do a little more shopping at Home Depot. Hopefully other members of your company who deal with the public will following the same path as Jermanie and go that extra step to ensure customers are pleased with the services they give them. Hopefully this email will be forwarded to the appropriate office because this is not at complaint, but a compliment.

Sandra Kenner

• Re
      2nd of Sep, 2015

To: Ceo (Mr Menear), Board of Directors, Ann-Marie Campbell amd Mr Butler, manager of Zachary Home Depot.

September 2, 2015

Dear Mr. Menear,

I frequent the Zachary, Louisiana, Home Depot, or at least I used to. The customer service here has never been good, but it has really gone down hill. It has reached the point of non-existance.

Yesterday, mid afternoon, I was second in line at the returns counter to check out. The two cashiers were chatting with the woman in line in front of me, whom they knew, and I stood in line waiting a very long time while one of the women left from behind the counter to go check something for the woman. When your cashier returned, they all discussed the issue, whatever it was, further, laughed and chatted some more.

Another employee, an older white man, who greets customers, was watching this. He could see that I was being ignored so he directed me to the customer service counter to check out, so I walked over there. There were two women behind the counter. I was the only customer in line to check out. The two women were at the other end of the counter, talking with a young man who was seated on the opposite side of the counter. Both women saw me, they glanced my way, but neither woman acknowledged me. I waited for several minutes, as I watched them laugh and carry on with the young man. I finally spoke up and asked if one of them would check me out. They glanced at me, but did not acknowledge me, and they continued to laugh and carry on with the young man. The older, white man stood by helplessly watching their intentional lack of customer service.

I am able to whistle extremely loud, and exasperated that I was unable to check out and in order to be certain of their attention, I whistled very loudly and loudly asked them to check me out. They looked at each other and both continued to ignore me. I was dumbfounded. I told them that they could keep the merchandise and I walked out.

Sir, I will pay more money at any of your competitors for better service. I will never set foot in Home Depot again and I am discouraging as many people as possible to boycott the Zachary location. Others here are as fed up with the years of poor customer service here, and others are willing to go elsewhere as well. Many have told me that they avoid Home Depot and will drive thirty minutes to buy what they need rather than set foot in Home Depot, as will I.

I am a registered nurse, who serves the public, and prior to becoming a nurse I was in retail customer service. I have spent my entire life being customer service oriented. I am perplexed by your customer service model. Whatever training you have in place for your managers and employees in Zachary, Louisiana is pathetic. My plan is to blog about my experience and to use the web to rate Home Depot on as many sites as possible.

Your former customer,