Home Depot

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 by

appliance does not work and hd will not replace or repair

Calgary, Alberta
Canada
Ok, I have been polite and patient but it isn't working so it's just about time to ramp this up on social media and tv consumer affairs. I am getting NO action from Maytag or the store where we just spent thousands of dollars...all I get are false promises.
I have literally spent days on the phone with HD and Maytag, but still no action. Here's what happened. On Sept 26th, a new set of kitchen appliances were delivered from the Calgary Mackenzie store, but only 3 of the 4 made it. One was missing (oversold apparently) but that has since been remedied, albeit with a LOT of work and insistence. The next day after delivery, we found that the stove oven doesn't work and it's been that way since it arrived, NEW. 2 1/2 weeks later and neither a repair person nor a new stove have arrived, in spite of several calls to Maytag's 1-800 number and repeated promises from HD of a new stove being hotshotted to us. Two weeks later and nobody knows where the new stove is.
I paid thousands and one piece is defective out of the box; and HD does nothing but talk. Hello social media! HD, when you wonder why you get dismal ratings, remember that you took my money but delivered defective product that doesn't get remedied. I really wish I could shop at a reliable store but HD has run most of the smaller appliances stores out of business so there is almost no choice anymore. You are quickly losing a long-time customer because you don't give a damn.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Appliances

Comments

N  18th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Dear Glen Bro:
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Maytag® Range concerns. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
Maytag® Social Media Relations
N  18th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
A response from Maytag, after 3 weeks! Wow! Thanks for the response but it has finally been resolved. Since writing about the issue, many, many phone calls to Maytag and HD, a new stove was provided just last night (over 3 weeks since the complaint). Ironic and very sad that the lady I talked to at corporate Home Depot Consumer Relations department could not talk English sufficient that I could understand. At best, I understood about 30-40% of what she said. We both got frustrated, but the final straw was that she accused me of being from Africa, that she knew my family came from there and thus should be able to survive without cooking our food for weeks. Really!...that's inexcusable. We are actually of German-Irish descent but that is beside the point. A very VERY poor talent to have in HDs Consumer Relations group. She did more to ruin HD's reputation with us than anything I have ever experienced, when everyone else tried so hard to correct the issue.
Overall, I must commend the local HD store (Brittany, Vernadette, Yimani(sp), Bastion) for trying so hard to make things better, even offering to personally and immediately deliver a range off the store floor so we could cook our Thanksgiving turkey for family. The issue of taking so long to replace the range is because it is not held in stock by HD but rather all appliances come directly from the manufacturer. I am told that HD only has floor models for show and just rents space to the manufacturer by the square foot, a frontage and selling 'face' for the consumer. After a sale is made, all responsibility, delivery and provisions are by the manufacturer, with HD out of the picture at this point. It is Maytag that is so lethargic in response, whether it be repair or replacement. In the last call to Maytag's 1-800 line, I was promised a reply within about 2hours. I'm still waiting, over a week later. Home Depot, made things better, as it should be, with no thanks to Maytag.
All this is aside from the fact that the dishwasher bought at the initial transaction was not delivered because they were apparently all sold and gone, even though I had paid in full for it. It took another week to get a different DW than what we wanted, only by being uber insistent that we did not receive what we paid for. Again, Maytag dropped the ball. This has been the transaction from hell.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree