Holiday Inn Express / charged me twice

1 Kettering, England, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express on 8th July, two rooms for one night at a special online rate of £81 total. I phoned the hotel at kettering on 25th July to say that we would be arriving late that evening as was told this was no problem, but when we arrived they had no rooms available for us. They booked us in to the Hampton by Hilton for a special rate of £45 per room (total £90) but now I find that I have been charged for this as well as the original £81. I have sent emails to the head office who say they cannot deal with it because hotels are owned locally but I have had no response from the Kettering hotel

Comments

• Pa
      19th of Sep, 2010

Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad NM charged me for 4 nights on one of my credit cards and I only stayed for one night. When I called Hotels.com and the Holiday inn express they said they already have my money so it was too bad. To add insult to injury they charged my other credit card also how did they get the other CC number? They were as rude as can be, the manager practacally laughed and said they had my money too bad. Happily one of the credit card companies said they would dispute the charges. I just received the other statement yesterday. I have a copy of the reservation for goodness sake ONE night. They are blantantly and fradulently overcharging me, ON TWO different cards no less. DO NOT stay in the HOLIDAY INN express in Carlsbad NM.

The pool was unswimable, it looked like a cesspool, they said it was being worked on that night. No one was working on the pool. Comments from several months ago from another poster, revealed that others stated that the pool was disgusting at that time. Someone should report them.