Holiday Inn Santee SCovercharge

R

My wife and I stayed at the Holdiday Inn Santee SC on the night of 8-19-08. I used my bank debit card and we checked out on the morning of 8-20-08. The receipt left under the door was for the agreed upon rate of $95.50 which with the tax came to $106.96. However, my checking accounted was debited for $128.35. I've telephoned, e-mailed and written to the Holiday Inn to no avail and the have refused to issue credit. They first told me that they normally do a 20% upcharge when the card is swiped and follow this with a credit a few days later. Can you believe it? Then they suggested that the bank made a mistake and that I should ask the bank to call them. What a scam!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices