HH Gregg / defective products!

Bought a tv on July 3, 57"-got it home, watched for a few days, it was too big. Called HH Gregg told them I wanted to bring it back-just way too big-It took over an hour on the phone for them to "ok" my return (what happened to the 10 day return policy?)~they told me clinically my tv was not too big for my living room. Got to the store, and well they didn't have the paperwork. The problem with the return, I wanted a credit back on my HH Gregg card, they wanted to give me a store credit-I didn't want to be locked into HH Gregg if I couldn't find something suitable. Offered me a free warranty if I'd buy there-so look for new tv. Find one, for more than I originally bought, no problem, asked, is same warranty etc still apply, can I return this one..Salesman Matt Salazar says "yes, everything still applies"... I get it home try to hook it up, sparks flying out of tv.

Called cable, they say disconnect everything, and we'll schedule an appt for repair. So we unplug everything, notice the surge protector broke. So go buy a new one. Tried again, same problem. Called cable back told them problem, they question if my outlet is bad, we replace the outlet, new surge protector. TV still acting up. Cable finally gets here, the cable guy gets shocked, my carpet gets burnt, and after trouble shooting, its not the cable its the 2200.00 tv! Call HH Gregg, get stuck talking to Andrea in Indianpolis, VERY RUDE-talks over me constantly, asks a question about the problem, I tell her the cable guys here let him explain it, she says she dosent want to talk to a cable person-to make a long story short. The local HH Gregg tells me-The tv was sold as all sales final-they will call sony to see if it can be fixed. They wont take the tv back and I am in my 10 return period! Oh and since I didn't buy their extended warranty-carpet is not covered... (What happened to the free warranty if I bought another tv there?).

Comments

• Ro
      16th of Oct, 2007

This really makes since though if I worked at that store and you bought a tv on July 3rd and brought it back on the 7th thats just like buying one the day before the super bowl and bringing it back three days later thats just using the store. You most likely had people over enjoyed the tv made yourself look cool then returned it because you knew you couldn't afford it.