Hertz Car Rental / overcharged for vehicle

1 France Review updated:

I have called numerous times to speak to a representative regarding my problem with Hertz, and I was told to submit my complaint in writing to you. I appreciate your understanding and your cooperation with this matter.
Rental Agreement #[protected]
Date of invoice: 7/15/2009
Invoice #[protected]

Upon arrival with my family of Five, (3 of them children), I was told by hertz that they don't have the vehicle that I had reserved. They also told me that in order to fit 5 People I must rent a different type of car. My original reservation was for a volvo s80 or comparable to fit 5 passengers. How can they tell me that they dont have a vehicle to fit 5 passengers when our contract guarantees a vehicle to be comparable? I was stranded and was given no choice but to take the car that was offered. I was charged an additional $300 and other fees as well. I trusted hertz to stand by thier promise and follow the contract agreement.It was my impression that I was in good hands, especially traveling in a foriegn country, to choose a reputable company.

Please advise!

Comments

• Ge
      13th of Oct, 2009

Oct. 3, 2009 I rented a vehicle in Cancun, Mexico for 7 days. I was quoted the price of $749.00 USD. with insurance in which I agreed to. On Thursday Oct. 8th I tried to use my credit card and it was declined, Hertz put a $2, 500 hold on my Mastercard without my knowledge which put my card over the limit so I couldn't use my card. I had to call my sister in Florida to wire me money via Western Union so I could finish my vacation. When I got back to the USA I called Hertz to complain and I was told that it is a independent franchise and there was nothing they could do. The woman at Hertz named Lee told me to go to www.customer relations@ herzt .com. This website does not exist. She then told me the final bill was $926.89 WTF. I am calling the Massachusetts Attorney General office to have them investigate these fraudulant charges.