Hertz Car Rental / auto leaked oil all over my garage

I was involved in an accident in january 2006. The insurance company secured a rental for me from hertz rent a car. After a few weeks the auto leaked oil all over my garage and i had stepped in it and tracked it all through my house. I wrote a letter to hertz and told them of the 10 hours that i spent coordinating the pick up of the car and the time that it took me to rent another car. Also, in the letter, i told them i spent 6 hours on sunday cleaning up the oily mess that was all over my kitchen and garage. The people at hertz sent me a check for $90 to cover my time and cleaning supplies. What a joke. In my letter, i requested $500 for my time and effort. I live along the chesapeake bay and that was an environmental issue. They should have considered themselves lucky that - 1 - i knew better than to try to drive that car and 2 - i did not hire an environmental unit to clean up this mess. So, hertz, if i can get as many as possible to see how you operate and not rent cars from you, i will have gotten my money worth. Thank you for listening and i would appreciate you posting this complaint on your web sight.

Ch

Comments

• Xa
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - Discrimination
    Spain

I am trying to rent an adapted car in Spain and they claim they only have 2 in the whole country. Why Herts don't treat disabled people the same in other countries? I just need hand controls.

• Ab
      12th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - Rent car/more charge
    Houston
    Texas

I rented a car, but they charged me twice.

• Bd
      14th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - mco hertz rental
    Orlando
    Florida

The gas is full but company insisted to charge $ 27, never Hertz again!!! Tried to talk to the office to get a resolution on the spot, but couldn't afford to wait for 30 min.

• Fi
      20th of Nov, 2018
    Hertz - rent charges
    Livingston
    California

Hertz has bad customers service they hire the worst people. They will ripe you off... they Don't care about their customers. Do not deal with hurtz it will save you lots ofmoney and lots of frustration.

• Mo
      12th of Dec, 2018
    Hertz - Customer Service Car Changes
    Fort Pierce
    Florida

I put in for a reservation with hertz as I always do. This Guy that was helping me was very nasty with no customer service at all. He told me he could put me in a mini van instead of the SUV I had reservation for that weekend. I ended up leaving Hertz without anything.

Reference # 516094299