Hero Honda Pleasure / starting problem

1 India Review updated:

I have purchased Hero Honda pleasure on 9th april. I am a new two wheeler user so I dont have any idea about asking certain essential questions at the time of purchase. Even the show room staffs did not explain me all the things.
On 11 th April at about 9 am in morning it was not taking salf start. I have to kick start it. Hero Honda dealers told me that their is inbuilt problem in the battery of "Pleasure" which I was not told at the time of purchase.
Now I have to kick start it even in these summer days.
Could you please suggest me what should I do.
I have immense faith in Hero Honda I surely I want to maintain my relationship. Please give response.

Comments

• In
      7th of May, 2008

My herohonda pleasure scooter purchased in June 2006 has starting problem. It is still under warranty. Some time both kick start and self start does not work and finally we got to call the nearby service centre. This is happening regularly. This is really disappointing having chosen this scooter at the time of buying especially for ladies. Kindly take necessary action.
    Regards

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I have faced the same problem, I have purchased Pleasyre in month of Feb 08 . and still I have to start it with battery only and I am not able to start it with kick.
    Showroom persons suggeted me to start bike first time, in the morning, start it with kick, but i am not able to do this.

• Va
      5th of Aug, 2008
    honda.com

I am getting 29 mpg (no a/c, closed windows, only 2 adults with total weight of 280 lb, trunk empty, proper tire pressure, no aggressive driving/acceleration, no hills)

When I spoke with Honda Motor Corporation representative about my concerns, he stated the following about the FACTS OF HONDA CIVIC gas consumption.

It is a fact that the car would never get the mileages printed on the sticker that the car came with and it was misleading the public.

This misleading is the fault of the U.S. Government, not Honda Motors.

The actual gas consumption was 15-25% worse that what Honda presented during the sale of this vehicle.

He claimed that even a 20-lb of suitcase would make a dramatic change on the Honda Civics gas consumption. He stated that this suitcase would be the culprit for obtaining worse than expected gas mileage consumption.

I find this and other similar and ridiculous explanations of the horrible gas consumption of my 2006 Honda Civic part of the cover up of the public misleading and perjury by Honda Motors.

5th of Aug, 2008

What a load of crap! First of all that figure is for an EPA driving cycle, not how you drive.

I have a 2003 Accord and have ALWAYS exceeded the EPA Highway figure. Why? -BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE TO GET HIGHER GAS MILEAGE

My stepson's 2007 CIVIC is another case in point. If his fiancee drives it it gets terrible mileage. He drives it it's fine.
    If I drive it it does even better.

Keep your car unloaded, use synthetic oil, keep tire pressures at or up to 2 lbs above sticker recommendation and drive right for a change.

I have never had a problem beating the EPA numbers on anycar I've owned since they started testing them

• Am
      19th of Aug, 2008

Hi,

I have Purchased Honda Pleasure from Auto Need on Oct 19 2006.I found very poor after sale service.The vehicle is having starting problem, Poor milage and Self starting is a nightmare to use..There is no feedback system and vehicle are not attended properly during service.

I have purchased the vehicle as it looks me more promising with respect to honda activa but it provide me poor customer satisfaction and poor ROI. I have made similar query 6month before also but I got a phone call from your office that meet Mr. Sharma from Auto need he will look into it .But problem remain as it is in my end.

Two days back, the vehicle stopped in the middle of the road while running in a starting mode and it almost took 30-40 kicks to start again.It is really very pathetic.

I believe this time my problem will addressed properly and necessary action will be taken from your end.

Thanks,

Amar Kumar Swain
    House no 556, Sector-9A
    Gurgaon
    Vehicle on HR 26 AH 7323

22nd of Jun, 2009

i purchased the bike, hero honda pleasure on 28th march 2009, at present the bike is have a critical noise problems in its engine, starting trouble & rear wheel wobbling problems . after purchasing this scooter hardly after one week front shockers were leaky resulting in bumpy/noisy suspension, from the very first at the time of getting the keys of my scooter the handle alignment was wrong . i consulted to the nearby hero honda service cum showroom M/s. samrat motors (satara, maharashtra )..i had shown my scooter at this service station & raised my complaints & submitted my scooter for first servicing . but after giving several complaints by me the problem was not solved, as my scooter is in warranty period, I requested the fellow service engineer about my complaints ( mainly rear wheel wobbling problem )but they denied and refused to replace the failure parts under warranty. at present i am very fed up & I face many problems due to the wobblingof rear wheel with hero honda pleasure and its service maintenance provider. At the service station service engineer had observed the rear wheel wobbling problem & he confirmed & said that the scooter is having the problem with the rear wheel . kindly advice me how my scooter will be cure / repaired and kindly enquire the promblems . This is frustrating beacuse a new bike should not have this type of problem. I am so unstatisfied due to this problem. If your product is facing these kind of several problems then how can a customer be satisfied with your product ?
    please do me the concern & you are requested to give me fruitful reply for permanent solution on said problems. I shall be ever grateful to your kind co-operation in this regard.

Hoping & waiting for your kind & reply with permanent solution .

Regards,

Sandip
    ( satara, maharashtra )
    Email address : sandeepupawalekar@yahoo.in,
    sunil_jadhav1069@yahoo.com

• Dh
      9th of Oct, 2009

I purchased hero honda pleasure on 19th July, 2008 in Virudhunagar, Tamilnadu. And I have the same starting problem since I purchased it. Self start is not working within 15 days from the date of purchase. We have to start by kick starter. When I took it to service station, Everytime they told different stories. They did not identify the actual problem for 1 year. Actually it has 2 years warrenty as per the owner's manual. They didn't give us the Battery warrenty card. Finally after 1 year they told problem is with battery and it is discharging immediately. Battery has 1 year warrenty only which was not informed to us. We thought everything has 2 years warrenty as per owner's manual. But in service statition, they told batter has only one year warrenty and now it expired so we need to buy new battery and they can't do anything for this. Finally I paid for battery for their mistakes and got warrenty card. The people in Hero Honda never tries to think about the customers. VERY VERY WORST SERVICE.

When my relatives bought vehicle with low cost from other vendors and it is still working properly, I am really frustrated with the HERO HONDA PLEASURE vehicle and the service provided by them.

If anybody has idea to buy this vehichle, think twice before you buy.

• Ti
      5th of Jan, 2010
    honda.com

The dealership is involved in unfair practices.They sell the same car to two diffrent customers. The dealership, promise false price to bring customer in and then auction the car to the higest bidder. We and another family were asked to come to the delearship to buy the same Acoord under false assumptions.It was a waste of time and energy. This particular dealershp has the President's award.I wonder if Honda gives awards for cheating and misleading customers. We wasted time, time which could have been spent with our two little ones. We wasted gas, something that really pinches in this economy and we could have been talking to another dealership and could have saved the cost of a rental.The worst thing is though that the sales rep was not even apologetic about the whole situation.His arguement was that they quoted a better price...Oh well so much for President's award... I thought that Honda had good work ethics and high expectations..

• Ga
      7th of Jan, 2010
    honda.com

MILITARY BUYERS BEWARE! Honda does not allow our service men/women to take their vehicles out of the USA. Being deployed, or is the military moving you outside of the USA - Don't plan on taking that new vechile with you - READ ALL THE FINE PRINT!!! Now we're stuck with a new Honda Pilot we can not even drive for the next 4 years!!!

1st of Mar, 2010

friends hirohonda pleasure this model has specific problem in mounting of pinion gear, which is mounted at longer distance from the flywheel. so, thrust acting on pinion gear is heigher than acpected. so due to that unaxpected thrust pinion gear teeth get worn out in short period. this is what the actual problem is.

• Fr
      25th of May, 2010
    honda.com

My 2001 Honda Accord transmission brokedown and browsing the internet, I found out that this is an ongoing problem of Honda owners. This is my fifth Honda accord because I know that the accord is a very reliable car. I'm surprise that this 2001 Honda Accord did not live up the the Honda reputation of being durable and reliable car. I tried to get a used transmission but It ssell like hotcake because too many people are looking for the same transmission. Price run up to $1500 on used and up to 3700 on new ones. Really bad experience for me.

8th of Jul, 2010
    honda.com

Carbone Honda of Utica, NY sold me an '09 Fit 10 months ago. Part of the deal was that they would install an aftermarket cruise control when one became available. One (or more) have been out for months now and, despite repeated calls, Carbone has neither installed it nor refunded my money- they made both promises, at various times. ALSO, they sold me a car with a battery too small to start it in typical cold winter conditions. It is about the size of a motorcycle battery and when it gets to 10, the car barely starts. Below zero, it's no go, while; my 9 year old car and truck start perfectly. Carbone insists there is nothing wrong and will do nothing about replacing the battery with a larger one. I did not imagine the 2 days it would not turn over, nor did I imagine hours on a trickle charger to get it so I could bring it in only to hear they'd do nothing about it. Buy a Honda, they are decent cars, - but buy it elsewhere.

• Gi
      31st of Aug, 2010

I am fully agree with above complaints because last week i also purchased new hero honda pleasue, it is not push button start nor kick start it is taking so much time for starting & finally it start by push button not by kick, & this is made for girls so think how much big this problem.

I hope after so many complaints for starting trouble hero honda technical team may do something, because it is the matter of zero customer satisfaction for a leading auto player.

I sincerely requesting to hero honda top management, looks about customer satisfaction & technical aspects.

please do the needful at earliest.

GIRISH
    girishpuf@gmail.com

• Sh
      13th of Oct, 2010

Yes.. Rightly mentioned in all the above comments .. Pleasure has starting problem. It doesn start with battery nor with Kick .. In fact it doesn start even if you kick hell lot of times . My neighbour asked me to tilt the vehicle, on the choke and then kick.. it works .. but this is a bad bad bad option .. A girl cant do all these circus ...
    Please rectify this problem.

Shweta
    shwetammk@gmail.com

• Ho
      23rd of Feb, 2011

HONDA OF PRESIDENT SCAMMER! HENRY COFFEEN CON-ARTIST!

• Am
      12th of Mar, 2011

hey my self start is not working but the pleasure is starting by one kick star but the battery is also good coz horn and lights are lighten so what to do to for starting the pleasure by self start??

• Ku
      13th of Mar, 2011

pleasuer starting problems are the worst case senario so i would request company to look into the matter of self starting and plz solve our issues.reagarding self starting sometimes its so annoying the people r just looking at u and u r simply kick startiing ur self staring bike for nearly 10 mins...i think the exide automatically recargable battery are the problem so the company should go for amaron self rechargeble batteries which i blive woulde solve the issue..coz exide battery self rechargable batteries are really not competataive...with reagrds from kunal sonawane ...kkudosangel@gmail.com

• Ni
      12th of Apr, 2011

I too have buyed pleasure...YOU will feel pleasure by kicking it daily...thats the reason the name is hero honda PLEASURE...hope so u all have understood...Nothing can be perfect in every vehicle...but company has to know how to solve problems...What work do they have other than reading a vehicle before leaving it in market...Nisha

• Re
      25th of Apr, 2011

i got myt vehicle in nagappa motors which is in roundtana kellys not even a week gone from my purchase some smoke arised from the engine side . whn i took it to them they was like its not an big issue. . they said that ther is no problem and they didn identify the problem too. dono what will happ. . horrible i didn even cross 100 kms. . pls don get pleasure

• Fi
      19th of Jun, 2011
    American Honda Motor Co.

I have a 2005 Oddessey that has paint chipping all over the vehicle. Properly maintained vehicle, no reason for chipping. It is all over the car.